22 • Partners

Reina stepped forward, only to be blocked by a mass of Valhalla grunts. She glared at them, satisfied that some of them backed up, but scowled when none of them moved out of her way.

"Move, fucker."

"Trial's over, Zero," Harui said, looking bored. "Leave."

"Then, get the fuck outta my way so I can get Chifuyu." She snarled at the bastards who dared block her way. "Are you fucking deaf? Move or I'll snap your spines and shove them through your useless brains!"

"What? You want this back?" Baji lifted Chifuyu by his collar, dragging him across the arcade. He smirked, throwing Chifuyu over his shoulders in her direction. "Then, go get him."

Reina scrambled to the side, catching Chifuyu before he could crash against one of the broken games. His chin rested on her shoulder as Reina checked for his pulse. She placed him on the ground before slinging both his arms over her shoulders, lifting him in a piggyback effortlessly.

"Harui, tell me one thing." Reina glared at the older boy. "Why did you join Valhalla?"

Harui narrowed his eyes, conveying everything he wanted to say to her. "To get my revenge."

"Then, you'll leave Valhalla if I die?"

Harui banged his hand on the nearest game. His nostrils flared as he snarled at her. "I'm done with your stupid game of hide and seek, Zero." He pointed his finger at her. "You destroyed my family, so I will destroy yours." Oh, so she wasn't even his family now. "Even if you die, I'll still destroy Toman. Because I know damn well you care about it."

"I see." Reina's voice took a venomous edge. "Then, that makes you my enemy." Regardless of who it was, as long as they stood against her, then they were her enemy. "I hope you remember what happened to the last people who became my enemies, brother."

Reina turned around, walking towards the exit. "Hanagaki, stop spacing out. We're leaving."

"Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah." Takemichi turned around, only to be blocked by a few Valhalla grunts. Oh, shoot, what now?

"Move."

Grunt number one scoffed. "Harui-san, do you mind if we teach your lil bro a lesson? The little bastard has been bitching around—"

Reina swung her leg upwards, her foot meeting his chin with enough force for a crack to be heard. She didn't even need to put Chifuyu down to get the stupid motherfucker to bite his own tongue and sprain his neck.

"Dumbass. He left a hundred of ours dying in the ER alone. There's a reason why I had y'all recruiting members like crazy." Hanma's loud voice was muted by the sound of the grunt's body falling to the floor and Nagarei's own voice.

"I will give you one second." Takemichi shivered at the dangerous edge in Nagarei's voice. He felt like the room had been transported into Antarctica with how cold it was. "One."

Just like that, everyone parted like the Red Sea. Takemichi swore they all held their breath with how loud the clacking of Nagarei's shoes was being. They exited the arcade with Takemichi struggling to keep up with Nagarei.

"Go home, Hanagaki." Nagarei adjusted Chifuyu on his back. "Tell Manjiro what happened. I need to bring him to the hospital." With that, he climbed the nearest fire escape, immediately leaping from roof to roof until he was out of his sight.

All without dropping Chifuyu.

"Damn." Takemichi raked his hand through his hair. "Right. I still gotta tell Mikey-kun. Oh god, I'm gonna die."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

"How's Chifuyu?"

"All patched up and discharged." Reina tossed a bottle of frozen water his way, which he caught with ease, before turning off the lights. "Did I dislocate it?"