85 • Unwanted

She took slow and shaky steps towards the trembling boy, pleased to see his broken arm and the deep gash running from one shoulder to the other. Seeing him like that, so pathetic and obviously losing, Reina couldn't help but cackle. "My god! We're so similar, aren't we, you fucking psychopath?!"

"What...what're you—"

"Ah, that's not true." Dropping her smile, she tilted her head to the side as she glared down at him. "In your...conquest...to take over Toman, you've tried sooo...goddamn hard to keep your hands clean, right? You took things one step at a time, right?"

If she had been Kisaki, if she had whatever motive Kisaki had, she wouldn't have minded dirtying her hands. In fact, she would've ended everything back on the third of August. She has both the strength and brain needed to do that, and that was what differentiated her from him.

Because if she was him, she would've made Moebius kill Emma after Pahchin got arrested. It was easy to kill a defenseless girl and make it look like a street assault, and with Emma dead, Mikey and Draken's argument would've escalated, and Toman would've really split apart. Then, Draken would die, and Mikey would've fallen.

Valhalla could be used to weed out Baji and Kazutora, leaving Mikey drowning deeper. After that, in a fit of rage because he was 'meddling' in his family business, Taiju would kill Mitsuya, if Draken's death hadn't destroyed him, at least.

That would be five founders gone in less than half a year.

And if Mitsuya was dead, Hakkai would fall and eventually, if not immediately, kill Taiju since he couldn't withstand Taiju's abuse without Mitsuya's support. That was if Yuzuha didn't kill Taiju first.

Then, a stage would be orchestrated for Mikey to defeat Taiju, freeing Black Dragon from him. It'll then be put under Izana's rule since Izana wouldn't refuse Shinichiro's legacy, even if it was all futile because Tenjiku and Toman would destroy each other later, and Izana would be killed, leaving Mikey truly alone.

With all the emotional damage, Mikey would be crippled enough that gaining his trust would be easy; just a few words of sweet nothings and a few stages for her to become his hero. Easy, that was how easy it was to take over Toman.

"If I had the same goals as you, I wonder if a little stray cogwheel would be enough to stop me."

Chuckling to herself, she shrugged. "Well, that's fine. I don't wanna be the second Ryou anyway." Her expression dropped along with her tone. "I'm sick of this, Kisaki. That's why I'll end everything."

If this was the past her, she definitely would've done as she had said, anything to have an empire of her own. But Reina had failed, and she had learned, and she had been given the chance to try again.

It would've been nice if she had more time. If only little her had been given more time to learn things slowly, developing her mentality along with her strength and brain, then everything would've been better. But she had been robbed of time, forced to use dirty tricks, make mistakes, fail, relearn, and fail again a million times over before finally being given the chance to take things slowly.

And that was why she would never become like Kisaki.

"I'll do whatever it takes to fuck your life up, but even if you don't get put on death row, you'll never be able to repeat this whole shit ever again. I'll break your foundation so bad, you'll never be able to stand again."

This was what should've happened a long time ago. She should've used her power that she gained through her hard work to take care of Kisaki long before he became this big of a threat.

But everything would end tonight.

"Anggita, restrain him—"

"Get outta the way, Reina!"