42 • The Queen/The Weapon

Matsuno Chifuyu had been in many fights and had gotten hurt more times than he could count. But never once in his life has he ever found himself in a situation this dangerous—he had just turned fourteen for fuck's sake. None of this was fucking normal, but he didn't have time to complain if he wanted to stay alive.

Kicking off the wooden floor, Reina swerved to the side, plunging her fist into the unsuspecting grunt's solar plexus, pushing him into his colleagues like a human bulldozer.

Despite having a hard time following Reina's unexpected twists and turns, Chifuyu somehow managed to stay behind her, finding out it was way easier to keep an eye on her legs. But because his eyes were on her legs, he couldn't see the punch that was aimed at him, throwing him away from Reina.

Turning around, Reina clicked her tongue. Throwing one grunt at the assholes approaching Chifuyu, she lunged towards him and yanked him by his wrist, pulling him along towards the door leading to the stairs.

"Land on your feet in a crouch."

"Hah?!"

Planting her feet on the floor, she flung Chifuyu towards the door while turning around to kick the door close when Chifuyu flew inside. Judging from the loud crash, she could only hope Chifuyu didn't break anything important.

To make evacuation easier, there are three emergency stairs. I need to make sure not a single bastard goes down any of the stairs. Unfortunately, she could only assume her enemies knew more about the ship than her, assuming they had been undercover as staff members since the invitation was sent around a month ago. She at least hoped Chifuyu managed to reach the ballroom without any disturbance.

If they all survived this horrible cruise party, she would never set foot on another cruise, and she would buy Chifuyu anything he wanted for compensation.

"Okay, you cult fanatics." She ripped off the knives from her soles, glad she brought them, and grinned despite the situation. "Time to meet your god."

There were thirty-three people, one was out cold after that hit to his solar plexus. Reina knew she wouldn't be that lucky again to one-shot all of them. Not to mention, these people's faces were familiar, and that could only mean one thing. They were Father's men who had been part of her childhood, aka her torturers, aka Father's best men, aka people who were familiar with the way she fought, aka bad news for her.

Fuck.

A sickle connected to chains swung her way at the same time daggers and bullets were fired at her. Running in zigzags, Reina ignored the nicks and grazes the bullets and daggers gave her, more focused on getting close to them.

She remembered this guy.

His name escaped her memories, but she remembered him. He was a freak who liked to destroy his surroundings with a whip made of thick chains. Reina remembered having her arm crushed with his chains, though she supposed he had upgraded from crushing to slicing if the additional sickle was anything to go by. Somehow, the sight of his grinning face made anger burn within her.

He had disgusting hands.

Hopping over the sickle and chains, she deflected a bullet with one knife and a dagger with the other, landing on her feet before kicking the ground. Lunging at the guy wielding the chains and sickle, Reina let the last few bullets and daggers rip her dress and nick her skin, focusing on slicing the chain grunt's thigh before punching his solar plexus with enough force to knock him cold.

She couldn't kill them, she knew that. After all, it wouldn't do Hokkyokusei good if Suou saw some bloodstains on the deck of his rented cruise ship. That was if the commotion she was causing hadn't attracted people to come upstairs. If they're following the schedule, then right now should be the start of the main course. There were many foods on the menu and even more entertainment. The fireworks show on the deck wasn't until midnight. Thank fuck Suou insists on tables. Less people who'll sneak out that way. Well, that also means they'll know I'm not there. So, in conclusion, there was a fifty-fifty chance she might get caught, so murder was out of the question.