177 • Battle of the Legends #6

"Take off your mask?" Mikey felt his eye twitch at the absolutely condescending tone the fucker had the audacity to use at him. "I'll crush that piece of junk into pieces along with your stupid face, your fucker."

"Why not?" Yahata had the audacity to fucking shrug. "Do it if you can."

Well, Mikey didn't even need to try that hard. After all, Reina needed to take her mask off to make a dramatic climax. But she would be the one calling the shots. The one who would decide when the mask would get taken off would be her, not Mikey. Reina was at least strong enough to do that.

Her body may not be as it was in the other timeline, but it was healthier, thus stronger. Reina didn't need her inhumane tolerance for pain, drugs, and poisons. Her current body was flawed in its own way, and she would embrace everything as she had in the other timeline. She would succeed.

Ducking under Mikey's kick, Reina grabbed his ankle and threw him over her shoulder. Then, she swung him by his ankle until he crashed into Izana, sending both of them crashing into an already dented car. She straightened herself, placing her hands on her hips as she grinned.

"Get off me, fucker!" Snarling, Izana kicked Mikey off him. The leader of Tenjiku bared his teeth, tackling the commander of Toman until the two of them were rolling around the ground. Reina must've used that chance to attack again, because a kick landed on Mikey's side, crashing him into Izana again.

"You can't even touch my mask, so how will you crush my face?" Kicking the ground again, she aimed at Izana this time. But her brother immediately threw Mikey off him, blocking her kick with a swing of his leg. "Oh?"

Swinging his other leg upwards as he performed a back handspring, Izana kicked his tongue when Reina easily blocked his kick. Even if this was all supposed to be a farce, Izana just couldn't stop himself from grinning. Sparring with Reina has always been his favorite hobby, and if there was one thing he wouldn't back down on, it was a serious fight to determine the winner out of the two of them.

"What's the count again?"

"Eight hundred and seventy-eight." Reina glided her soles in a semicircle, shifting into a stance as she lowered her body. Her mouth curved into a grin behind her mask. "To nineteen."

"This'll make it twenty!" Though the nineteen wins he managed to get were all from this timeline, and it was around the time Reina still hadn't made peace with her current body or when she had just recovered from whatever superficial sickness she caught.

No matter how strong he was, Reina was someone who had professional training and many experiences. She was the one who taught him how to wield weapons and fight effectively with anything at his disposal. That was why the gap between his wins and losses was superficial. But it was precisely because Izana was never able to beat her in the other timeline that those wins, disputable as they may be, were cherished.

"You were never weak, y'know that, right?" Well, that certainly wasn't something Reina should be saying when she was easily dodging his attacks. "If you were weak, you wouldn't have survived in Ryujin, much less into the future that no longer existed."

Ah, Reina must be talking about that future. The one future where nobody was dead or a criminal, nobody but her and the people who chose to follow her. Izana didn't know the details of that future, and neither did Reina. But they, at the very least, knew that Izana was still alive, and that survival wasn't something a weakling could do.

Performing a back handspring while Izana leaped to the side, they dodged Mikey's punch. The commander of Toman glared at the other gang leaders, irritated by the stupid smile on Izana's face and the even stupider mask Yahata was wearing. Somehow, Mikey had a feeling these two fuckers were in on the same plan, and that irked him.