06 • Deals and Favors

Draken shooed Pahchin and Pehyan, as well as Pahchin's friends, out of the house, not wanting to make Nagarei angry again. He knew it was a bad idea to just barge in when Mirai, panicked and close to tears, warned them that Nagarei was taking a nap. Still, there was no stopping Mikey, and they nearly got beaten up by a fucking dictionary thanks to him.

A hardcover dictionary. 

With metal corners.

He knew overstaying their welcome was a death wish. But honestly, fuck it, Nagarei needed to know this. So, when Nagarei finally calmed down enough to let them sit across from him, Draken ripped off the bandage.

"After you beat Moebius up, Osanai attacked Pah's friend's family." Nagarei's face didn't change as he said that, and Draken didn't know whether he should've expected anything different. "They beat up his mom and she's in coma in the ICU now. He also strung up his dad and siblings, then robbed their house."

"Ah, so that's why Pahchin looked so angry." Moebius was a bit extreme, in her opinion. But delinquents tended to give no shit about the law, so she wasn't surprised. "Dude was more than ready to come at me just now."

Draken grimaced, knowing Pahchin probably would've attacked Nagarei mid his cursing session had Draken not gripped his shoulder. "Cut him some slack, Rei. He's pissed off and his friend's family blamed him for what happened."

"I'm not a punching bag for emotionally unstable motherfuckers." Reina sneered back. She honestly couldn't care less about Toman, Pachin, his friend, and whatever shit Toman got itself into. But she knew the problem didn't stop there, so she crossed her arms and leaned against the chair. "So, what's the point in telling me this?"

"Be careful, Reichin." It was Mikey who warned Nagarei, face devoid of his usual carefreeness. "You're strong and Osanai knows it. He won't hesitate to send his entire gang to attack you or Mirai."

"Of course, Toman will do whatever it takes to make sure nothing happens to you or Mirai." Draken was quick to assure, raising his hands to calm Nagarei down despite the fact that his face still hadn't changed. "But we think it's better if you know what's going on so you can keep Mirai safe."

Even though it was expected, Reina still clicked her tongue. She knew this would happen, as much as she had hoped it wouldn't come true. But it was fine. She already had time to think. Dozens of plans and a whole night of planning brought her to one conclusion, and it was, "I'll wreck the fucking shit outta Moebius right now." It would be easy and quick. Reina had, after all, destroyed worse. "How fucking dare they threaten me and mine."

The instant she was about to storm out, two hands grabbed her arms and pulled her back. Reina turned to glare at them, teeth bared into a growl. "Don't fucking touch me!"

"We won't. Sorry." Draken immediately let go of him, glaring at Mikey to do the same. But the commander still gripped Nagarei's arm, refusing to let go until he was sure Nagarei wouldn't hunt Moebius down. So, with a sigh, Draken explained, "Please leave Moebius to us. What Osanai did to Pah's friend...Pah wants to pay him back."

"And how long will this take? Do I have to risk Mirai's safety for Pahchin's revenge?"

"It's not that," denied the vice-commander of Toman. "Moebius is two...three years older than you, and while you're strong, do you really think you can take all of them down on your own?"

"Yes."

In hindsight, Draken had expected that kind of answer. Still, the way Nagarei said that without any hesitation proved just how strong, or arrogant, Nagarei was. "Even so, no." He shook his head. "We want you to leave Moebius to Toman."