176 • Battle of the Legends #5

"Seishu..."

Reina couldn't remember.

The other timeline—the day she decided to lead Black Dragon as its eleventh president was only a few years ago, yet it felt like it had been decades. Reina didn't remember what she was feeling back then, nor could she remember what exactly drove her to make that decision. Perhaps it was all a whim, just a mere method to measure just how far she could go on her own, to find out just how successful she would be if she was building something from the ground up.

She honestly felt a bit guilty. Inui stayed by her side through everything because he thought of her as a wonderful and perfect leader, but she couldn't even remember just what exactly drove her to become his leader. She had dragged him through many hells, and she had forgotten why she even decided to have him by her side.

He had never questioned her. Time and time again, no matter how ridiculous or immoral her actions and demands were, Inui was always the first to follow her. His loyalty to her was both something she had always wanted as well as something she wished didn't exist. If that loyalty was coming from a tool, then perhaps she would've been glad. But Inui was a friend, a brother, a man she trusted with her life. His excessive loyalty towards her was his own destruction.

"Create the future I wish for, huh?"

Honestly, if she wasn't such an ice-hearted bitch, she would've burst into tears. Despite what Inui thought, Reina knew how he felt. She may not fully understand, but she knew. She knew that he chose her based on his own beliefs and judgment. She knew that he followed her through hell and back not out of fear, but out of love and loyalty. She knew, she really did. At least, she felt like she did.

Reina huffed behind her mask. Yes, Inui was loyal and Reina trusted him with her life. But it was precisely because he was so excessively loyal that he would destroy himself. And it was also because he was so excessively loyal that she would do whatever it took to repay that loyalty. She had hurt him in the other timeline, and that was something she would never forgive. That was why, in this timeline, she wouldn't be repeating the same mistakes.

She would create a happy future for everybody.

Reina watched as Inui and Kokonoi struggled to get back on their feet. She scanned the chaos that was on the battlefield. Izana was having a go with Mikey, and their right hands were doing the same not too far away from them. Then, there was Taiju going against Baji and Chifuyu.

"Kei and Fuyu, huh?" Tilting her head to the side, she hummed. The other captains and vice-captains of Toman were still out, or they had recovered but were standing on shaky feet. "Toman, Tenjiku, Toman, Tenjiku...Black Dragon, Toman, Toman." She narrowed her eyes behind her mask. "There's too much Toman and not enough Black Dragon."

Inui and Kokonoi were basically out of commission. They had done more than enough, so she wanted them to sit back and watch the ending. But she couldn't do that when there were two too many Toman members standing. They didn't need this many people for the final play. Just two of each gang was more than enough.

"No hard feelings, you two."

Lunging straight towards the duo of Toman's first division, Reina caught them off guard by sliding between the two of them. Using their short moment of surprise, Reina hopped and twisted her body, slamming her leg into Baji's side, forcibly turning in a circle so Baji crashed into Chifuyu. But before the two of them could get kicked away, she yanked Chifuyu by his hair and bashed his head against Baji's, causing the two of them to crumple to the ground.

"Oh?" Smirking behind her mask, Reina snickered at the duo. "Well, I did expect you to be able to tank that much, so I'm not surprised." Straightening her back, she tilted her head behind her. "Anyways, why are you dawdling, Taiju? It's so unlike you."