25 • Bloody Halloween #1

The first thing Chifuyu noticed about Nagarei was his scowl, which wasn't that rare if he didn't realize Nagarei was looking more murderous than usual.

"Uh, did something happen?"

"Some fucker decided to attack Mirai, that's what fuckin' happened!" She was on her way back from Osaka after a successful job without meeting Harui when Akise texted about how annoyed Harui was at getting his job stolen. It was all fine and dandy, it really was. But just as she was running around the streets in hopes of reaching the fight on time, Anggita called to report how a group of boys in white jackets tried to break into her fucking house. They were handed to the police, obviously. But the point still stood that some fuckers had tried to break into her house to attack Mirai, and it irked her to no end.

Reina never wanted to come back to the sight of her home thrashed and her sister missing ever again.

Was her warning not enough? Should she have gouged those Moebius fuckers' eyes and stuffed their ears into their empty eyesockets? Reina didn't think she needed to go that far to warn a bunch of daredevil teenagers, but maybe she had underestimated them.

This fight would serve as another warning.

"Is she okay?"

Reina clicked her tongue at Chifuyu's stupid question. "If she isn't, do ya really think I would be here and not on the other side fucking each every one of those three hundred dickheads?"

"At least she's safe." Chifuyu took a leap of courage and placed his hand on Nagarei's shoulder, sighing in relief when Nagarei didn't break his arm. "The fight's gonna start soon and you can raise as many hells as you want. Candy?"

Huffing, Reina snatched the melon lollipop from his hand, ignoring the looks she received when she bit down into it, crumbling it into pieces as she chewed the candy. They could stare however they wanted, but Reina refused to step into battle with a lollipop in her mouth, one that could potentially be used to choke her.

"I...are your teeth okay? You want water?" Mitsuya sweatdropped, offering Nagarei a white sash awkwardly. "Anyway, I'm glad Mirai's alright. It would've been very bad if something happened so close to the fight."

"The fuck is this inconvenient string that's beggin' to be pulled?"

"A sash for the admins," explained the captain of the second division patiently. "You may be temporary, but you're still the captain of the first division. I can help you tie it if you want?"

Grumbling, Reina shoved the sash into Mitsuya's hands and turned around, letting him tie it around her back. It didn't help that Baji's uniform was too big, causing the sash to fall off her shoulders despite the buttons keeping them in place. Mitsuya seemed to notice this too because he offered some safety pins.

"Remember, Rei. No weapons," Draken reminded just as Nagarei took his position beside Mitsuya, doing the best 'vice-commander slash disappointed mother' glare as he could, which did little in making Nagarei falter. "I fucking mean it. If you've got knives in those shoes or pockets, out with 'em now."

Toman could only watch with gaping mouths as Nagarei, grumbling like a child throwing a tantrum, dumped a few knives on the ground. When Draken raised his eyebrow, Nagarei sighed and started pulling out more knives, creating a very concerning pile. It was small, but it was nevertheless a pile of knives.

"Ya happy?"

"I'll let you keep one if you don't use it unprompted."

"Damn, can I take one too?"

"Touch it and I'll punch you, Smiley."

Sighing again, Reina pulled out the knives hidden in her soles, dropping them on the pile. Nodding with a satisfied smirk, Draken turned his back on her, giving her the opportunity to lean closer to Nahoya. She blissfully and pointedly ignored Mitsuya's pleading look, as well as Kisaki's glare. Sucks for them, but they should've known better than to invite her into their little group of ragtag idiots.