142 • Phase Two

The knives and guns fell to the floor with an echoing clatter.

"Shut up and get up." She glared down at the seething man chained to the ground. "If you wanna live like a human, then shut up and learn to be useful like one."

The weapons crunched under her boots, and she kicked them all behind her as she crouched in front of the man. "Ten...or was it eleven? Maybe it was nine or eight years ago? Or was it twelve?" She shrugged, deciding it didn't matter. "Well, the point is that you said that to me, though I dunno if you remember or even have said that." She shrugged again. "Anyways, you said that to me while having a knife in my shoulder and a bullet in my foot. I remember that much at least."

Giggling as if it wasn't that big of a deal, Reina shrugged yet again. "I hate you, y'know," she told him with a trembling voice. "I despise you. I loathe you. If there's a word higher than the highest hate, then that's why I feel for you." Gritting her teeth, her entire body shook with how tightly she clenched her fists.

"Not only did you buy me from someone who could've ended everything for me before it even began, but you also lied and made me think I'm a worthless idiot who should be thankful you allowed me to live." She sneered at him, beads of blood beginning to leak from the wounds her nails caused. "When the only reason I'm alive right now is because you thought a sick and premature baby not crying is so fucking funny."

Her voice cracked and trembled, and Reina wanted to cry so fucking bad. But she wouldn't let him see that side of her. Anybody but Shiki.

"Did you know that I have a brother? Two half-brothers?" Sucking in a sharp and shaky breath, she flashed him a wobbly grin as she slowly unclenched her fists. "Zana and Aizen. I love them. I really love them. I love Harui and Mirai too. I love them so much that you will never understand."

Whatever Shiki was saying was muffled by his gag, and it was fine. Reina didn't want to hear him anyway. Taking in another shaky breath, she stood up. "I won't kill you." Staring at her bloodied palms, she clenched her fists. "Even if my soul isn't clean anymore, my body...my hands are. And they will remain clean. That's why I won't be the one who'll kill you."

Picking up the weapons scattered all over the floor, she turned and smiled both bitterly and victoriously. "I hope you never forgive me...because I will never forgive you either." Turning around she stomped towards the exit, stopping just as she reached the door to spare Shiki a final glance.

"Please stay alive for as long as possible, Father." She wouldn't let him die, not like this. "Please stay alive and watch as I take and destroy everything you've ever worked for." Every single thing he had dedicated his life to, she would make him watch as she wrenched them from his hands and demolished them until not even a speck of dust was left.

"Only when you've lost everything, and only when I've repaid every bit of pain you've ever inflicted on me." Her eyes narrowed at the man she used to fear. "Only then will I allow you to die, and only then will I finally be free."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

Things were going too well according to her plans that Reina was starting to freak out. Victoire worked quickly, and armed with her knowledge about the future, Hokkyokusei had been demolished to its last footing just in time for the cherry blossoms to bloom.

"Rome didn't fall in one day." Moving a pawn forward, Reina flipped the hourglass. Chess with Victoire was fun as it was stressful, but she couldn't say she didn't miss it. "And you can't always be happy."

"Ah, but Hokkyokusei isn't falling in a day either." After all, it was already March, though Victoire supposed things were happening quicker than things ever had, no doubt thanks to whatever information Reina had given her. It intrigued her, to say the least, how such a secluded girl managed to get her hands on information like that. "Nothing big ever happens in a day, and everything you think does actually is a result of many unnoticeable changes accumulating and becoming something big in a day."