130 • Elizabetha Bloodbath #1

Honestly, she didn't know what Mikey was thinking to agree to make this place the battlefield. No, she wasn't talking about how this place was sacred to her, that was not the point. The point was that Mikey must've not done a quick survey of this place before deciding to turn it into a battlefield. Not only was it a closed-off space, but there were also hazards—from minor tripping hazards to downright death-inducing ones—all over the place.

Most importantly, she didn't know why he was here, now of all times.

"Is there...really a point in this fight?"

People in blue uniforms filled almost every part of the hotel lobby, some even leaning against the second-floor—the only easily accessible upper floor—railings. Reina stood on top of the double staircases in the lobby, looking down at her supposed opponents even though she couldn't really see them.

"For who do you think I'm here right now?"

"Did anybody ever ask you to do this?" Mikey asked back, raising a challenging eyebrow. Because it was a fact that while they had all been riding off her suffering, they had never asked her to suffer in their stead. "Reichin, you said you'll find a way to make it 'none of us'...so why are you standing there right now?"

"Hah." Reina didn't need perfect eyesight to see the way most of Toman collectively flinched at her hollow scoff. "Manjiro...you, of all people, have no right to say that to me." Because if she had been just a bit weaker, then Mikey would be the one standing in her place right now. So, Reina didn't want to hear him, of all people, telling her to stop. He was simply the one person who did not have the right to stop her.

She supposed there wasn't anything she could do to stop this fight from happening, so she might as well make it the last. Brushing her hair behind her shoulders, Reina sighed and tilted her head to the side. She didn't even need to open her mouth for Izana to step forward.

"Let's do this our way!" His giddy voice echoed in the lobby, and he tilted his head to the side. His thumb was jabbed downwards as he ordered, "Kakucho, you go first!"

On Toman's end, Aizen grimaced at the sight of Kakucho going down the stairs. "A haunted hotel as the battlefield and now they're sending their strongest fighter. Is she trying to make this place even more haunted?"

Not to mention, they were doing this in the S62 style, which brought Toman into another pinch. They were already outnumbered, so if they lost the pre-battle fight, their morale would drop drastically. The thing was, the only person Aizen knew had a chance against Kakucho was Mikey, and maybe Draken or Senju.

But neither Mikey nor Draken could fight this fight because for a commander or vice-commander to fight the forerunner implied that there wasn't any other member on board who was strong enough to do the deed. Maybe it would be fine for Draken, but this was a delicate situation. Thus, that wouldn't be the best idea. So, their best move was to probably send Senju. But even that seemed hopeless considering how strong Kakucho was, and how absolutely demolished Brahman had been when they faced Ryujin.

Deliberate move or not, Reina was determined to defeat them before the battle could even begin.

"Takemitchy, you go."

Snapping his head to the side, Aizen gaped at Mikey's incredibly stupid decision. No, he wasn't being pessimistic. Aizen was a realist, thank you very much. But when he was about to voice his opinion, Kazutora yanked him back by his collar. He placed a finger over his lips, silently ordering Aizen to stay still and watch.

Takemichi stepped forward, not a single trace of fear or hesitation on his face. Seeing him, Kakucho swallowed the lump in his throat. Still, there was a reason why Toman needed to be stopped, so he clenched his fists and stepped forward as well.