10 • Glimpses

In case anybody was wondering, the meeting did not go well.

Draken insisted they wouldn't be bailing Pahchin out. That made the entirety of the third division riot for Mikey to bail Pahchin out. Pehyan, in particular, was very vocal that he was against Draken. Anybody could tell that he would bail Pahchin out himself if only he had the money.  Meanwhile, the other divisions were torn between following Mikey or Draken. Thus, most chose to remain neutral, saying that they would follow whatever Mikey and Draken agreed with. Baji and Mitsuya, however, were vocal about their agreement with Draken, albeit not that loudly.

Reina honestly didn't need to know about their internal strife. She was just a sponsor, for lack of a better word, and she couldn't care less whether they decided to bail Pahchin out or not. She could care even less if they broke up due to this conflict. After all, it wouldn't be the first time she invested in a failure. But it seemed like Baji made it mandatory for her to know, which only meant one thing.

"So, your gang suspects me again?" She took Baji's groan as a yes, and that made her roll her eyes with a scoff. "Why are you so angry?" She didn't need anyone to get angry for her sake. That would just be a burden to her. "Hell, why the fuck are you so defensive in the first place? It's not like I was being a saint to you all, and I can understand how they'll react after hearing my cryptic warning."

"So, you knew Pah would stab Osanai?"

"He's been carrying that knife since that meeting." Reina rolled her eyes again because how could they not see the knife in his pocket when they had spent every hour of the day with him? Then again, those boys couldn't even pay attention to class. "I can only assume he wanted to stab Osanai the second he got the chance to. Doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the street or during the fight you planned on having."

"How'd you know he got a knife?"

"Judging by the size, it was probably a switchblade. One around eighteen to twenty centimeters. When folded, it's around the size of your fist," muttered the green-eyed teen, nails drawing circles on the table. "Try shoving a switchblade or a pebble you can cover with your hand into Chifuyu's pocket and tell me it wasn't obvious."

Since he obviously didn't have a switchblade and Reina wasn't about to show him where her knives were hidden, Baji rushed downstairs in search of some pebbles. When he got back upstairs with a big pebble in his hand, he went into her room and into her walk-in closet. Reina thanked herself for shoving any girl-related things into a locked drawer since Baji had barged into her room more times than she could count.

"Oh, you're right." Baji looked at his own reflection in the full body mirror, seeing a bulge in his pockets where the pebble was. "Wonder why I didn't see that. On second thought, who carries knives everywhere they go anyway?"

"Who knows?"

Reina did.

At all times of the day, including right now.

But first of all, normal people wouldn't see someone and scan them for hidden weapons. Second, she could come up with a list of names of people who did carry weapons every single second of the day, and her brother's name would be at the second top of the list. Of course, Reina was not going to tell him that. 

"Anyway, you never answered my question."

"What's the question again?"

"Why are you so defensive?"

In response, Baji gave the vaguest answer he could give. He fucking shrugged and said, "Dunno, it's 'cus you're a good guy."

Now, Reina has been called a lot of things, from a monster to a bitch to a queen, and never once had someone ever called her a 'good guy' even though 'nice' and 'good kid' came close. Except that it was her people who called her that. So, it was understandable that she laughed until her head hit the door.