92 • Sibling Bonding Session

Dramatic.

If Japanese people had middle names, the Haitani brothers' name would be 'Dramatic' and no, Mirai would not take another answer. Because first of all, Haitani Ran carried her like a sack of potatoes downstairs, and when confronted by a very worried Mitsuya because she was screeching like a chihuahua—Rindou's words—Ran proceeded to do a poor remake of Rafiki presenting Simba, her being Simba.

Mirai never liked that movie.

Anyway, everything was done while Rindou snuck into the garage so they could make another poor remake of an action movie escape. Then, they switched drivers because Rindou didn't have a license and they wouldn't risk anything with a 'baby' on board, as if said 'baby' never hid behind the driver's seat because her sister couldn't drive for shit but needed to somehow get from Kanagawa to Osaka.

So, here she was, strapped in the backseat of Harui's most expensive car. The windows were down, sunglasses were on, Britney Spear was blaring at full volume, and stolen barbecue-flavored chips were being passed around. Ran's hair was out of its braids, flying everywhere with the wind as he drove through the streets.

"With the taste of your lips, I'm on a ride—"

"Are you sure we should be playing this song with her onboard?" Jerking his thumb behind him, Rindou shut the radio off. However, that didn't seem necessary with how Mirai simply deadpanned at him through the rearview mirror while Ran shrugged.

"Anyways, kid. You dress too shabby for a sister of mine." With one hand on the steering wheel, Ran pulled his sunglasses down to examine her sweater and printed sweatpants—their fault for not even letting her change out of her pajamas—through the rearview mirror. "Yep. Only the best of Yves Saint Laurent for my sister. To the boutique!"

"I have YSL at home!"

"Hun, that YSL sweater is fake."

Mirai gasped because of the mere audacity of him to assume she owed something fake. "It's real!" The only fake thing she would own would be her identity as Tosei Mirai because she was, well, not Tosei Mirai. But her wardrobe, at the very least, was filled with only real things. Whether it be her designer clothes or her silver and golden gemstone jewelry, they were all real. 

Mirai would honestly rather have the most expensive camera than a car or a dress. She has a few luxurious designer dresses in her closet, mostly for parties that require her presence and because Harui liked to spoil her, but most of her everyday clothes were handmade by Noah.

Either way, she's still Hokusei Mirai. Nothing was too expensive for her.

"C'mon, princess, we're emptying Daddy's money." Pulling out a card that most certainly didn't belong to him, Ran grabbed Mirai's hand and dragged her into the mall. "I think we still have a few hundred million in here. We mostly use Mom's money, y'know, easier to exploit since Dad was a corruptor."

"The more you know." Mirai would like to argue that using money earned from corruption was a bad idea, never mind getting a dead corruptor's money in the first place. But her name shouldn't be mentioned even if they got caught since she has no intention of changing her last name. "Rui-nii gave me money though."

"What?" Rindou scoffed, stuffing his hands in his pockets and he walked beside his brother, Mirai sandwiched between them. "Does this mall belong to Hokkyokusei too?"

"It belongs to someone partnered with Hokkyokusei, so some of the stocks belong to Hokkyokusei. At least, I think it does. I'm not too involved." Even Reina's eyes spun whenever she discussed stocks and businesses with Anggita, so Mirai liked to stay away from it.

"Wait, for real? Harui owns this mall?" Whistling, Rindou looked around the lavish building. He was just being sarcastic when he asked, but he didn't expect Harui to actually own this mall. "Damn. Since we're related, does this mean Harui's our big bro too?"