136 • Elizabetha Bloodbath #7

What has she done?

"Aah...no...no...no!"

Her fingers clawed her own face, nails digging into her wounds and dragging them open. Reina felt her breathing beginning to pick up the longer she stared at Sanzu, from the hilt of her dagger sticking out of Sanzu's chest to the blood on her hands to the blood on the floor to Sanzu's lifeless face.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Why did Sanzu stop her from breaking the fall? Why did the dagger hit his heart and not his shoulder? Why did he smile as if he had won? Why didn't she move her hand fast enough? Why didn't she let go of the dagger? Why did this have to happen? What has she done?

Reina didn't want to kill him. She didn't want to kill him. She would stain her hands with anybody's blood, anybody but his. Anybody but a stray cogwheel. She never wanted to kill a stray cogwheel.

"This fight is over!" Draping his coat over his sister, Izana pulled her horrifically stiff yet trembling body off Sanzu. He pressed her against his chest, doing his best to shield her from everyone and everything as he wrapped an arm around her. "Toman, no matter how you look at it, you've lost! We're ending this fight!"

It wasn't supposed to go this way. The fight wasn't supposed to have any deaths. For fuck's sake, Reina wasn't even supposed to fight. It was a mess. Everything was a mess. Before things could get messier, the fight needed to end.

Reina was still trembling, only able to stand on her feet because Izana was holding her, and he didn't even want to think about how unhygienic it was for her to be scratching her face when her wounds were still bleeding, and her hands were stained with dust and someone else's blood.

"Like hell you're ending it like this!"

Reina stilled, watching with wide eyes as Kazutora pulled out the shard impaled through his leg and stood back up. His face was twisted in pain, teeth gritted together, fists clenched, and eyebrows knitted. And yet, he glared at her with the fury of the entire solar system. What he was angry at, Reina has too many to list. But he was angry, and he wasn't giving up.

"You think you can just end it like this?! A half-assed ending like this!?" As he stepped closer and closer to her, he could see the way the admins of Ryujin bristled and rose to their feet. But Kazutora really couldn't give a fuck. His eyes were only on one person, and by God did he want to punch her to kingdom come.

"Oi, Reina!" Green eyes—ah, one was ruined now—lifted to glare at him, and Kazutora glared back. "Are you really satisfied with this half-assed result?"

While they wanted to use this fight to bring Reina back to their side, Reina wanted to use this fight to completely crush Takemichi's spirit. That was why Kazutora knew Reina wouldn't let it end like this. She wouldn't let Takemichi go until she had fully crushed him, and Takemichi would never stop trying until Reina was saved.

It would be a battle of determination and tenacity, and the two leading the battle were stubborn.

The only problem was that Takemichi only had this one chance to succeed. If he failed, there would be no more chances for him. Fortunately, Kazutora knew Reina enough to know she also didn't want to deal with Takemichi's persistence, especially because even the slightest annoyance was still a bump in the road of her plans.

"You're right."

Her trembling had stopped, and Izana didn't know whether it was a good or bad thing. But when Reina pushed him aside, he couldn't help but worry for the worst. Despite their short time together, Izana thought he could read his sister well enough to know what she was thinking most of the time. But right now, he didn't know what was going on in her head.