28 • Aftermath

Chifuyu hopped down the mountain of cars, immediately rushing towards Nagarei. He had to resist the urge to shake him, knowing it would worsen the bleeding. "Rei, you gotta wake up. Please. You gotta wake up. At this rate, Baji-san...Baji-san will get killed!"

Reina felt nauseous and in pain. It was as if she was being burned in her abdomen or something. God, is it that time of the month again? I could've sworn it ended yesterday. Fucking uterus. I should've pawned you off for pocket money. She groaned, blinking her eyes open.

"Rei!"

"Shaddap." Reina hissed when the loud voice rang in her ears, worsening her nausea. She felt like throwing up—scratch that, she wanted to throw up. Reina pushed her head to the side and puked out whatever remained in her stomach, even if it was mostly just gastric acid.

"F'ck...I feel d'sg'sting." Reina hissed again, it felt like her stomach had been pierced. She looked down, and her jaw dropped. "Oh...r'ght...I g't st'bb'd...no w'nder."

Chifuyu rubbed Nagarei's back without much gentleness, his panic causing his hands to slide up and down Nagarei's back like he was trying to warm himself up instead. He didn't care that Nagarei was throwing up, he would take that over him dying any day.

"Rei, just lie down." Chifuyu held Nagarei's shoulders and gently steered him to lie back down. His hands were trembling, terrified that the slightest mistake could end Nagarei's life.

"R'ght...p'ck't."

"Huh?"

"Ph'ne...call 'Kise."

"Okay. Okay. I'll call the ambulance."

"No...call 'Kise."

Scrambling to take out Nagarei's phone, Chifuyu realized his fingers were trembling when he pressed the buttons. He didn't know who the fuck 'Kise' was, but he figured 'Akise' was the closest thing in the contact list, so he dialed the number.

"Rei Rei? Whaddya need—"

"Rei got stabbed!" The second he finished blurting that out, the man on the other line was screaming profanities, giving him instructions on first aid that Chifuyu couldn't understand while screaming at someone to grab the fucking car and send some damn ambulances—those were his exact words. Then, the call ended and Chifuyu tried his best to offer Nagarei a smile. "The ambulance will be here soon. Just...hold on."

But Nagarei wasn't paying attention to him.

"M'nj'ro..." Reina coughed out more blood, but her eyes were fixated on Mikey, who was beating both Baji and Kazutora up. Well, fuck. That certainly wasn't part of her plan. "Shit...Ch'fuyu...hel' me up."

"Don't be stupid." Chifuyu hissed. The last thing he wanted was Nagarei dying and Mikey going berserk on everyone. His breath hitched in his throat when Nagarei slumped to the ground again. "Fuck. Where's the damn ambulance?!"

Mikey felt like every one of his nerves had been lit on fire. He was so furious that he was itching to punch someone until his knuckles turned red with blood and his skin broke to reveal his bones. "I'll destroy you, Kazutora. I'll fucking destroy you."

"Get ahold of yourself, Mikey!" Baji wiped the blood leaking out of his mouth. He was in the same condition as Kazutora, maybe slightly better. Slightly as in he didn't have his throat nearly crushed. "You can't do this!"

"Shut up!" Mikey kicked Baji in his abdomen before punching him to the side. "You...you did that to Reichin. He was the one who convinced me to forgive you. I was about to forgive you. But you...how fucking dare you!"

"Mikey, for fuck's sake, stop!" Baji tackled Mikey away from Kazutora, earning a punch to his guts in return. Just when he thought Mikey would beat his face until he was either unconscious or dead, Takemichi rushed in between them, arms spread wide as if he was trying to protect Baji.