137 • Elizabetha Bloodbath #8

"Looks like some hotshot decided to show up fashionably late." Swaying lethargically on his feet, Wakasa rolled his eyes along with his neck, clicking his tongue at the absolute pain of the situation. "Tenth gen of Black Dragon, huh? Puts us in an awkward position considering we're working for the former eleventh gen president."

Reina felt herself twitch at that. What did Black Dragon have to do with Ryujin? She had left everything behind, from her title and glory to the name that was associated with that greatness. Ryujin was the filthiest of all the filth she had created, and it wasn't supposed to be connected to the wonderful and glorious Black Dragon. Yes, their names may have connections, but the last thing Reina wanted was to link Ryujin and Black Dragon together.

Then again, was it really a problem? Wakasa and Benkei could bask in their expired glory as long as they wanted as long as they did their job.

"The first gen?" Raising an eyebrow at the supposed challenge he would be facing, Taiju snorted. "I see some big dogs blocking the way, but in the end, you're all just a buncha retired old men." Tilting his head to the side, Taiju nodded at Takemichi. "Listen up, boss number two. I'm gonna open a fucking path for you, so make sure you give me the best entertainment you can provide."

"Taiju-kun, you—" Takemichi couldn't even give Taiju his thanks before he was kicked away from the side. Gritting his teeth, Takemichi snarled. "Stop getting in my way, Kaku-chan!"

"You need to stop first." There were a lot of things wrong with this situation. Setting the absolute mass murder aside, neither Reina's injury nor the injuries of the survivors were to be taken lightly. They needed a doctor—Akise—and they needed to get their injuries treated. Then, Toman needed to give up.

Yes, Kakucho would admit that Toman has a noble goal, a very noble goal. He could see that they were more than prepared to sacrifice everything for the sake of achieving their goals. However, they failed to realize that defeating Ryujin wouldn't solve anything. Because in the same way Toman wouldn't give up until Reina was defeated, Reina wouldn't stop even if she got defeated. Both Ryujin and Toman were fighting a losing battle, and Kakucho really didn't want them to lose more than they already had.

"Please just stop!" Kakucho was begging now, and by God did he really mean it. "Takemichi, I know you want to save her, but the best thing you can do for her is not get in her way." That, or stay by her side through everything, but that was something neither he nor Reina would ever allow to happen.

"You don't get it." And Kakucho wanted to scream because he got it. He fucking understood both of them, and that was why it was so fucking frustrating. "Kaku-chan, you don't know what kind of future she'll make."

"You're the one who can't understand!" Because Takemichi didn't know the full story, Kakucho realized that. Despite being a time leaper, he didn't know the history of the previous time leapers and how they ended up entangling their fate and karma with Reina. He didn't know that Reina had no choice but to walk forward.

"You don't know a goddamn thing either, so please stop getting in our way."

Kakucho kicked the ground with his arm pulled back. But before he could even attempt to swing his punch, he had to block an incoming punch from the side. His boots squeaked against the floor, and he actually growled at the fucking nuisance that kept appearing one after the other.

"Get Rei!" Standing between Kakucho and Takemichi, Draken clenched his bloodstained yet trembling fists. "At this point, the only one who can talk some senses into her is you, Takemitchy!"

"And what...makes you think we'll let our boss be in the open?" Sneering, Inui pointed the sharpest point of a long crystal shard he could find at the time leaper. "Whether it be you or Ryou, you're both meddlesome fuckers who keep messing up what she had painstakingly created."