55 • A Relaxing Day ft. Mikey and Draken

"My bro was nothing like you."

Glancing to the side, Reina rolled the lollipop on her tongue and leaned on her arms, letting the sea breeze blow her hair. The sounds of splashing waves and honking ships arriving or departing from the harbor became white noises as the boy beside her rambled on.

"He was a reckless guy who challenged people stronger than him without a second thought. He's weak, can't throw a punch for shit, and got dumped twenty times," he bashed without mercy, huffing slightly. He was Shinichiro's little brother, after all. It was well within his birthright to throw petty insults at his older brother.

"But somehow...big bro became a leader who made his gang legendary." Despite being pathetic in many fields, Sano Shinichiro was amazing like that, and that was just something Mikey had to admit. "Every time I saw him surrounded by those cool delinquents, he was always shining...that's who Sano Shinichiro, the first gen Black Dragon captain, was."

"He sounds awesome."

"He was," confirmed the blond as he unwrapped a Taiyaki. "Before we fought the ninth gen, I had a talk with my bro." He took a bite of his snack. "I told him that the Black Dragons aren't as cool as they used to be anymore, and he told me that things have changed since the eighth gen."

Based on her own investigation of Black Dragon's history, she had suspected it was the eighth generation that had ruined the gang. Unlike the previous leaders, Kurokawa Izana was the first leader who had been arrested beforehand, as surprising as it was, and he dove into the criminal world as soon as he became the boss. The successor he chose, Madarame Shion, then followed in Izana's footsteps. However, his Black Dragon was shortly defeated by Toman.

Then, there was the tenth generation of Black Dragon. They were the only Black Dragon that didn't have any connection to the previous leaders. Then again, that was a half-truth because Taiju only became Black Dragon's leader because he won against Inui, even if he was the one who decided to lead Black Dragon.

It wasn't easy to get delinquent-related history since nothing was written and people's mouths tended to be biased, so her information about the previous leaders was limited. But she knew that Black Dragon meant the world to Shinichiro and that Mikey was supposed to inherit it.

Mikey, not her.

"Black Dragon was everything to him," Mikey confirmed what she already knew. "He wanted me to take over Black Dragon...he left the team for me."

"It is your legacy," affirmed the newly appointed president. "Do you want it back?"

"It's yours, Reichin."

"Shinichiro-san left it for you," she pressed on, giving him a sharp look. "It was a gang made for you to inherit, not destroy."

"He told me to do whatever I wanted, and I destroyed it," answered the commander, giving Nagarei an equally sharp look. "I destroyed it and left it to rot. Then, you came and picked it back up." He had decided what to do with the gang Shinichiro left behind for him, so he had lost the right to reclaim it. "You're trying to fix what I destroyed. Black Dragon is yours, Reichin. You deserve it. It's your legacy now."

News traveled fast indeed. She had just officially become the president a little over twelve hours ago and Mikey had already called her to discuss things. However, after hours of laying on her bed and rethinking her choices, Reina found herself getting cold feet.

Shinichiro's Black Dragon was a home, a place for misfits to have a place to be themselves. It was freedom and dreams, and it was legendary. Kurokawa Izana's Black Dragon was brutal, breaking the previously set morals and values. Madarame Shion's Black Dragon was a duplicate trying its hardest to live up to its reference. Taiju's Black Dragon was a business in disguise, aiming for gold more than glory.