171 • Puzzle Pieces #5

Since Reina had been both a boy and a girl, she had experienced the privileges that came with each gender, as well as the disadvantages. In the other timeline, the 'Indomitable Rei' who eventually led Black Dragon was first known as a boy, so when she was suddenly revealed to be a girl, her gang wasn't that underestimated, though many insults were thrown her way.

It was the same for this timeline. Yahata was a boy, a persona sculpted to fit the delinquents' pride and ego, all so that when she revealed herself as a girl, nobody could say they were going easy on her simply because she was a girl. Reina could always be upfront, but being a boy was easier, and she found no need to take a hard path, especially not when she enjoyed being a boy.

"It's easier for a girl to dress up as a boy than vice versa, did you know that?"

"Um..."

"Just because I think boys are stupid doesn't mean I hate boys. Tora was just making fun of you." Reina deadpanned at the girl in front of her. "I'll have you know that I hate boys and girls equally. Thus, I will never date any of them."

"Unless they're Yuzuha-chan."

"Hina, shut up."

"It's okay, Rei-chan. Yuzuha-chan is cool and beautiful."

"That's not the point."

The leaders of the fifth division, the Akashi siblings, came to 'woo' her by having Senju sit on Haruchiyo's bike with a huge bouquet of roses in her hands. Senju was dressed in a white tuxedo, and her hair had been gelled back. Reina would've found that amusing if she didn't have memories of the other timeline and remember the absolute shit Sanzu had done, and the mess Brahman caused that ended with Harui's death.

Maybe she should just let the fifth division lose.

Or she could make them do something embarrassing.

But they were the ones embarrassing her with this stupid public proposal. She could even hear Kazutora and Takemichi laughing from wherever they were, which was probably their respective classrooms, and she wanted to bash their heads together so badly.

"Haru-nii! It's not working!" Senju decided to howl, which made Sanzu, who was hiding quite obviously behind the school gates—obvious by Reina's standards—reveal himself. "I knew this wouldn't work! Everybody knows Nyx likes pretty things!"

"What does that have to do with you failing?"

"Haru-nii, my most beloved brother." Senju smiled, gripping the bouquets tightly. "You are the fucking beautiful one!" She proceeded to slap her brother with the bouquet, earning an indignant squawk from him.

Well, at least they were getting along. Now that Sanzu wasn't busy obsessing over a 'dark impulse' or whatever, he could have time to bond with Senju, and maybe Takeomi. The eldest Akashi also seemed to be doing a decent job maintaining whatever decent relationship he had with his siblings.

Yes, she would make them lose.

"Hey." Tilting her head slightly to the side, she glared at the bickering siblings, who were in the middle of pulling each other's hair out. "I don't have time for your fucking bullshit. If you wanna fuck around, then get the fuck outta here. I have no information for you."

Or she could make Mikey and Draken lose just for shits and giggles.

Nah, it would be better to let these two lose. Draken was too kind for her bullshit (no, he wasn't).

"Then, what do you want?" Sanzu crossed his arms, clicking his tongue at her as if he wasn't the one who needed something from her. Reina felt her eye twitch at that, and Hinata must've sensed something was very wrong because she spared her an uneasy glance.