35 • The Second Future #1

When Takemichi returned to the future, he expected himself to be standing in the middle of the DVD rental store he had been working at, as well as the bossy manager who stood before him. And well, that was what he came to. He sighed internally, figuring that some things just never changed.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

Takemichi, however, did not expect the manager to bow or apologize to him. All this time, he's always the one doing the bowing and apologizing. His shock multiplied when the manager looked sheepish.

"The video you're looking for doesn't appear to be in stock at this location."

Takemichi rushed to the bathroom, gaping at his appearance. Holy hell! What's with my hair? And this high-brand watch and bag and clothes? I don't look like myself at all.

His surprise multiplied when he met his middle school friends looking like a bunch of mafia men, scary and intimidating. However, that surprise couldn't beat the shock that came with realizing that he was a successful person who had a penthouse in a high-class apartment complex.

Holy hell. I'm crazy rich and I have no clue what's going on right now.

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

"Be careful, Chifuyu."

"I will." Chifuyu ended the call, slipping his phone into his pocket. His ridiculously fancy shoes tapped against the ridiculously lavish marble tiles in a steady rhythm, and he took a deep breath and forced himself to stop when he caught on. The walls had too many eyes and ears, and even if he knew the poor bastards would die in a few hours, Chifuyu didn't want to take another risk.

"Goddammit, Takemitchy."

A commotion was heard, and Chifuyu didn't need to turn around to know who just entered the penthouse, the greeting the guests shouted was more than enough to inform him. Clicking his tongue, he sighed at his friend. "Answer your phone, Takemitchy."

"Chifuyu! Thank god!" Takemichi couldn't help but smile in relief. "I got no clue what's going on right now."

"Huh? The hell're you talking about?" Chifuyu furrowed his eyebrows, weirded out by Takemichi's abnormal behavior. Sure, his friend was rather clueless and naïve, but not this much. "We got an admin meeting to attend. Let's go."

"Who?"

"Who else but you?" Chifuyu was becoming more and more confused. He wondered if Takemichi had perhaps hit his head somewhere before this. "You're Tokyo Manji Gang's top admin, Hanagaki Takemichi."

Huh?! Isn't that supposed to be Baji-kun?! Despite his thoughts, Takemichi wordlessly followed Chifuyu. He felt like his eyes would pop out of their sockets when he entered the hidden dining room, greeted by the division captains of Toman, sans Mitsuya but including Pahchin.

The admins bickered and threw insults at each other, somewhat relieving Takemichi as he realized they hadn't changed much. He looked around the table, noticing a few foreign faces. There was a blond with a birthmark (scar?) on his face, as well as a slant-eyed man with a leering smile. However, he didn't get the chance to dwell on it as Hanma began talking.

"Koko's public IT business, Shiba's corporate front, Hayashida's real estate company, and Mitsuya's fast fashion brand. Several other businesses our gang managed were searched by the police three days ago. The worst thing is that they actually managed to close a significant number of our businesses." Hanma dug into his pocket, pulling out a photo. "Either somebody here ratted us out or she managed to breach into our system, or—"

Faster than anybody could see, Hanma stabbed a steak knife into the photo.

"—both."

Takemichi tensed as he recognized the woman in the photo. Her hair may be red and curly, but he could recognize those green eyes anywhere.