151 • Hello Again

It was August of 2001 now, which meant Reina was enjoying her summer holiday.

"Just so you know, Rei." Kokonoi crossed his legs, swiveling on her chair without lifting his eyes from his phone. "You can start a gang if you want." He lifted his eyes, as well as his hand, even though Reina didn't open her mouth. "Inupi's close enough with the first gen of Black Dragon, and the other gen leaders so far, to be called their little brother. And I've got the money. We can create Ryujin again, but without the illegal stuff this time."

To say Kokonoi has regained his former fame was wrong because he hasn't. But with all his combined experience and Anggita's help, he was close enough that everybody already knew Kokonoi Hajime as a money-making genius in the most legal way possible. His actions weren't morally, socially, or ethically acceptable. But if the law could turn a blind eye, then so could she.

Reina had asked if he was fine with that, but Kokonoi simply stuck his tongue out at her, claiming that it was fine because he only followed Inui and her. Well, he also asked her to save him if he ever got kidnapped again, so there was that.

"If that ever happens, the president will be Seishu."

"If it's for you, then I don't mind."

"Then, you mind." Reina was reminded of how amazing these two were because they were still eleven, but they were already making a lot of progress. "Should I try connecting with Kisaki again?"

"If it's to quote shonen manga protagonists at him, then don't." Snorting, Kokonoi rolled his eyes, as he always did whenever he remembered Reina's stupid plan to make Kisaki change his mind. "You're better off meeting Hanagaki and asking him to befriend Kisaki."

"Yes, that does sound like a plan—hm?"

A rattle could be heard from behind the curtains, and the three of them turned their heads towards the window. Sighing, Reina rolled off her bed, making her way to the window to push the drapes aside, deadpanning at the boy throwing pebbles from below as she opened her window.

"What the fuck, Tora?"

"Stop being a depressed bitch and get out!" The boy flashed her a grin. "The sun is good for you, Rei! Don't be a vampire! You ain't pale or dead enough for that!"

"You motherfucking bitch!" Leaping from her window, Reina clicked her tongue when Kazutora stepped aside just in time to dodge her supposedly perfect landing. "Ah, I forgot my shoes."

"Thought so." With the number of times Reina had left her house via jumping from the balcony of windows, Kazutora had learned to take her shoes before calling her, saving him time to wait for her to pick between her seven hundred pairs of shoes, only to end up using the same combat boots regardless of the weather. "The socks are inside."

"Nice." Sending Inui and Kokonoi a quick text, Reina tossed her hair behind her shoulders. "Tora, you got a hair tie?"

"Here." He offered his wrist filled with a few plain black hair ties, letting Reina take one to tie her hair with. "Any place you wanna go?"

"I thought you made the plans?"

"Bitch, do I look that organized?"

If she shoved Kazutora hard enough, maybe he'd find his brain somewhere in the dumpster. "I'm gonna go back home."

"Wait, no!"

The two of them eventually found themselves boarding a train towards Harajuku. Reina took a seat while Kazutora stood in front of her, ignoring the glares sent their way as they continued to chatter between themselves.

"Junpeke got a cool earring." Kauztora sighed dreamily, toying with his own ear. "It's got a bell on the end, y'know. Jingles and all."

"Hmm..."