86 • Closed Curtains

"We'll definitely get them!" Clenching his teeth until his jaw ached, Draken sped up his bike, uncaring of traffic hazards, not when Kisaki was getting away after they had finally managed to corner him.

He knew Kisaki was bad news from the start. He just wished he had been more forceful in stopping Mikey from letting him in, no matter how adamant the commander was. Draken would do anything for Mikey, even die for him, but he should have never complied with Mikey's self-destructive wishes.

Meanwhile, Takemichi was seething with unbridled rage, flashes of memories of all his failed futures coming into his mind. Killing Draken-kun just to take over Toman, manipulating Kazutora-kun to kill Baji-kun, to stab Rei...killing Harui-kun and Mirai, killing Chifuyu and Baji-kun, getting Rei kidnapped by Black Dragon, ruining the Shiba siblings, killing Mikey-kun, killing Naoto...destroying Rei...Emma-chan...Izana and Kaku-chan...and above all, whatever his reason is to repeatedly kill Hina!

"I won't let you get away, Kisaki!"

I can't let him time leap. If he leaps through time again, everything will be for nothing.

It must be because Kisaki was moving around so much in panic, as well as the fact that the road was slippery due to the snow, but Hanma lost control of his bike, sending the bike crashing into a fence until they both tumbled on the asphalt.

Seeing that, Draken stopped his bike and Takemichi hopped off even before the bike fully stopped. Looming over Kisaki, Takemichi remembered how in his dying moments, Naoto asked him to save his sister.

We're almost there, Naoto.

As expected of a weakling being physically cornered, Kisaki bolted in the other direction. Unfortunately, even if adrenaline numbed the pain and Akise had fixed his foot, Takemichi still stumbled and fell when he tried to chase after Kisaki.

"Get on my back!" Draken hauled the younger boy by his sash, chasing after Kisaki while piggybacking Takemichi. He guessed he should be thankful that even though Kisaki was hella smart—he would give credits where credits were due—he wasn't as physically adept as Reina. And no, he wouldn't think about Nagarei being a girl until Kisaki has been dealt with, for the sake of his own sanity.

"I'm sorry, Draken-kun."

"It's all fair, isn't it?" Draken shot Takemichi a grin. "Last time, when Kiyomasa stabbed me, it was the other way around." Thinking about it, the Takemichi back then must've already begun time leaping. "You knew about my death, didn't you?" He wasn't Reina. He didn't know, nor could he predict what would happen in the future with his brain, but there was one thing he was certain of.

"I don't know what the fuck will happen in the future, but I do know that you've been fighting desperately to fix it." Glaring at the boy running away from him, he asked the obvious, "And Kisaki is the mastermind, right?"

"Yes, and—Draken-kun! Behind you!"

Twisting his body, Draken raised an arm to block the pipe swung at him, causing Takemichi to get thrown off him. Clicking his tongue at Hanma, he knew this would be a stalling fight. "Can you run, Takemitchy?!"

"Yes! I'll run even if my legs break!"

Well, that was reassuring.

"Then, leave this to me!"

Knowing he could trust Draken to deal with Hanma, Takemichi took off running again. Every step, every swing, every slight movement shot pain from his foot all the way to his hips and even to his neck. But Takemichi kept on running. If he has to sacrifice his leg to stop Kisaki, then so fucking be it.

Turning around the corner, he was met with a brick to his face. But the adrenaline was high, so he tanked that hit and slammed his fist into Kisaki's face. They were both injured severely—Reina definitely wasn't playing around—yet they exchanged sloppy punches one after the other.