lashton

luke shut the door behind him only to hear a small click, and he sniffed, his nose clogged from crying for two hours in the park.
ashton was in the middle of the room with red rimmed eyes and his fingers clawing his scalp, but they slowly fell to his sides as he stared at his boyfriend in awe.
'hi.' luke whispered and he felt his eyes burning again.
he didn't think there were any tears left.
ashton was about to say something but decided against it, walking up to him and crushing him in his embrace.
'don't you ever do that to me again. okay. ever.' he said quietly, his voice begging itself not to crack.
'o-okay.' he whispered, sort of scared.
but then ashton's anger subsided and he started to sob into luke's cold shoulder.
'ash?' his hand found his hair and he stroked his curls.
'i thought you wouldn't come back.' he whispered into his sobs, pulling him even closer, if that was possible.
'what?'
the smaller boy tilted ashton's chin up and looked at his eyes. even when they were teary they were still beautiful.
'ash, i-i'll always come back to you.'
luke let his forehead fall on his.
'every time m-my parents fought..my dad would leave a-and one time he didn't come back—' he finished with sobs and luke stroked his cheek. ashton had always been the stronger one, almost more of the guy in the relationship. but now he was crumbling under luke's fingers.
'hey,' he kissed his forehead before laying his back on. 'that won't happen to us, okay? even if we fight, i'll always come back.'
ashton breathed shakily and smiled a little before pecking his lips and burying into his neck.
'okay.' he whispered and luke started rubbing his back. 'i love you.'
'i love you too.'