lashton

sentences.

when luke walked into the room, he didn't expect to see ashton crying, and to be deep in conversation with michael and calum. because ashton never cried and they were never serious.
but he really didn't expect for them to fall into silence and glare at him. he furrowed his eyebrows.
"what's wrong?" and ashton shook his head and brushed passed him, not saying a word. luke looked at michael and calum who are staring at him with icy eyes before standing.
"nice fucking job." michael snapped and left, leaving calum, who's normally gentle eyes were hardened. he didn't speak and did the same as michael, like a horse to its barn.
luke shook his head and walked into the bedroom, seeing ashton pacing with hands in his hair.
"ash? what's the matter? w-what'd i do?"
ashton laughed.
"oh like you don't fucking know--"
"i don't."
ashton rolled his teary eyes before glaring at him.
"ya know luke, you suck at hiding the fact you're cheating."
luke's eyes widened and his heart stopped. cheating?
"ash, i am not cheating..why--"
"THEN EXPLAIN!!"
luke jumped back with widened eyes. he always hated yelling, especially when ashton did. his dad always yelled and it was scary and that's what ashton's reminds him of.
"EXPLAIN!!"
"explain what?--"
he tried to use a soft voice but it was overpowered by ashton's yelling again. ashton got closer and luke was backing up as he continued to yell and luke was petrified by that point.
"EXPLAIN WHY YOU'VE BEEN SO DISTANT HUH?! YOU COME HOME EVERY NIGHT, QUOTE EXHAUSTED, AND YOU NEVER SPEAK TO ME ANYMORE!!! ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR TWO WEEKS!!"
luke's arms were wrapped over his stomach and his head was tilted to the floor as he sobbed, ashton towered over him like usual.
"AND WHO THE FUCK IS BRANDON?! IVE READ YOUR TEXTS AND ALL IT IS IS 'LETS MEET UP' OR 'ILL SEE YOU TOMORROW'!!"
luke didn't answer. his back was pressed against the door and ashton was just getting closer and closer to him.
"FUCKING ANSWER ME!!"
and ashton punched the door behind luke, punched through it, a few inches from his head and it falls silent except for luke's sobs, and ashton realized what he did. he took his fist out of the door, not bothering to examine his bloody knuckles.
"just tell me what's going on luke." he said it as soft as possible but it still had an edge, an angry edge that luke flinched back from. it was dead silent for a moment and ashton was about to yell again--
"my mum's dead." he sobbed.
ashton's heart fell all the way to his stomach and it was quiet again.
"what?" this time his voice was a whisper.
"SHES DEAD!!" he sobbed, letting his back fall against the door and his hands come up to his hair.
"SHES DEAD!!" he repeated and ashton went to hug him but luke screamed, flinching violently.
"luke, baby--"
"she's gone..she's fucking gone.."
"luke--"
"i should've--"
"luke, stop, please--"
"b-brandon's the fucking funeral planner.." he whispered into his sobs.
ashton's heart fell even more, if that was possible.
"luke why didn't you tell me?"
"because i-i--" he sobbed and let his hands fall back down to his stomach. "y-you were stressed..y-you had enough on your p-plate..i thought i c-could just..handle it m-myself--" and with that he opened the door and slipped out and ran into the bathroom, and ashton followed, banging on the door when it closed in his face.
"baby..i-i'm so sorry--" the door was locked when he turned it and he could hear luke's sobs and his screams, and ashton sat on the opposite side, his back against the door.
"i'm sorry.."