malum

*SENTENCES

'i'm sorry..he must be caught up in work,' michael sighed to his best friend who had been waiting with him. michael plopped on the couch and huffed, his posture slumped against the cushions as he ruffled his red hair. jason rolled his eyes and sat up on the other couch, running a hand through his hair.
'you don't always have to stand up for him, ya know.'
michael furrowed his eyebrows and sat up a bit.
'huh?'
jason rolled his eyes again.
'he's never here for you mike! every time i'm here and he's supposed to meet us, he's never on time; i'm really fucking curious about your relationship.'
michael's mood began to dim with every word. he didn't know what to think; calum is always late, and he is usually out more than at home.
'h-he's just busy, that's all,' he mumbled, his gaze falling to the floor.
'all the time? mike, i love you, you're my best friend and you know that. but i really think he just doesn't feel anything anymore. he's never home, he never calls you when he's out, he never stays home when you want him to. connect the dots man!'
by this point there were tears weld in his green eyes and slowly tumbling down his cheeks. he's nervous, he's scared, that this could be true. what if calum really didn't love him anymore? he wouldn't know what he'd do, he's everything to him.
'hey.' they heard a sad voice. both boys turned to look and meet calum's teary gaze.
he can't believe jason actually thinks that. he could never fall out of love with michael. but what if it wasn't just him, what if other people thought that too?
'i-i know i'm not the best boyfriend; i know i c-can be better than what i-i give you..i'm trying though.' he said, his voice fading. tears were streaming down his face now. he wasn't sure what they were made of, anger or sadness, but whatever it was, it hurt, it really hurt. his gaze landed on his crying boyfriend and calum starts to panic.
michael can't believe that, he can't believe that.
'you don't believe him, right baby?' his voice is soft and cracked and it's only a breath matched with a small sad smile. michael only whimpers and looks away, his body feeling smaller than normal.
'no.' he croaked. 'no no baby, y-you can't..please.' he let out in panic. he walked over to where he was sitting and fell to his knees in front of the couch of where he was sitting.
jason had suddenly wished to take it back, before rushing out of the house. michael flinches a little when calum cups his face and laid his forehead on michael's.
'no, please. baby, y-you know i love you, right? fuck.' he whispered, his thumbs catching his tears as his eyes looked deep into michael's. michael nodded but calum kept asking, kept panicking, kept crying of fear. michael took calum's hands off his face and his forehead off his and nodded.
'i know you do, i'm sorry you had to hear that.'
'y-you don't believe him though, yeah?'
michael smiled and held his hands again, pressing his thumbs into his palms and rubbing little circles. calum was trembling.
'cal, you're shaking, calm down..'
calum looked at him with wide and scared eyes before michael kissed him softly. when he pulled back, calum mumbled against his lips 'i'll stay home more, i'll be better okay?'
michael could only smile and kiss him again.