cashton

prince! calum creeped around the corner of the kitchen late at night, blushing when he saw the apprentice cook ashton kneading dough, his arms flexing as his curls fall in front of his eyes and he's humming, and calum sighs in peace when he starts to sing, he was amazing and beautiful and calum has never had more of a crush and all of a sudden he backs up to far, hitting the cabinet and sending three pans to the floor and ashton looks up, startled and he walks over, calum panicking 'your majesty? w-what're you doing up?' he whispered, motioning him out of the pans and calum sighs and blushes 'i was just uh...' and ashton sends him a little smile and five minutes later ashton is closing the door to his chamber after bringing him to his room and he lets his forehead fall against the door as he said a prayer for his dreams to be good, and that one day he'll feel the same, but he never knew calum was listening from the other side of the door.

pt2
it was 24 hours later and calum did the same thing, watched him from behind the wall and ashton was also doing the same, kneading dough when he stopped, and calum noticed there were tears plopping into it, so he rubbed his face, 'get out of your head kid' he muttered to himself before starting to knead again 'he'll never feel the same ash..just..give it up--' 'who won't?' and ashton looked up before looking down to hide his tears and calum walks closer, his hand grazing his arm 'who?' he whispered but ashton shook his head, before looking up with sad eyes 'someone that--it's impossible.' and he looks back down but he feels fingers his chin and follows them, meeting his eyes before calum whispers 'i heard you singing my name.' and he kissed him softly.