Number Thirty-Eight: Let It Go

"I know what we're doing tonight, Steve," Bucky announces, stepping into their living room. The blonde looks up from his sketch and raises a questioning eyebrow.

"What would that be?" He asks and Bucky slowly brings a DVD into view, a smirk on his face. When he sees it Steve lets out an exasperated groan and rests his head on the back of the couch.

"Why Frozen?" He whines and Bucky sits on his lap.

"Hush, nobody likes a whiner," he says, pressing his pointer finger against Steve's lips. Steve gives him a look and the brunette smirks before moving his finger.

"I've seen it already," Steve says and Bucky shrugs lazily.

"I haven't and it's my night to choose. You said borrow anything from Tony," he points out.

"Fine, fine. Put it in then," Steve sighs, stretching out his body. Bucky skips to the DVD player and Steve smiles and rolls his eyes at his goofball of a boyfriend.

"In," Bucky chirps, settling down beside the blonde. Steve wraps an arm around him and hugs him close to his warm self. Bucky hums contentedly and snuggles down, using Steve's chest as a pillow, his arm loosely wraps around the blonde's waist.

The screen lights up and the movie begins, and as soon as Steve heard the first song come on he realized what was going to happen. Bucky was going to be singing these songs for the next few weeks.

/////

Steve's guess came true. Bucky's favorite songs were 'Let It Go' and 'Do You Want to Build a Snowman'. It got very old very quickly.

A rhythmic knock comes on the door and the blonde sighs. The brunette was outside their bedroom door. He knew what was coming.

"Stevie? Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on, let's go and play. I never see you anymore, come out the door, it's like you've gone away," he sings and Steve can't help but smirk. "We used to be best buddies, and now we're not... I wish you would tell me why! Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman."

"Go away, Ana," Steve replies to humor him. If he answered 'go away, Bucky', the brunette would claim he was Ana, and if he said 'go away, Ana', Bucky would claim to be Bucky. It was kind of annoying but Steve put up with it for his childish boyfriend.

"I'm Bucky, geez Steve," the brunette replies before trotting off to bug someone else. Steve rolls his eyes and smirks before turning back to his painting.

/////

"The snow blows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen," Bucky sings. Steve sighs a little and when the brunette looks at him expectantly he joins in.

"A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like I'm the queen," he sings back and Bucky smiles widely.

"The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside," Bucky continues.

"Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried," the blonde replies to him. Bucky smiles a little.

"Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know.... Well, now they know," Bucky belts out and they both burst out the chorus just as Tony and Nat walk in.

"Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door. I don't care, what they're going to say. Let the storm rage on... The cold never bothered me anyway," they sing in unison, harmonizing where it's possible. Tony had a wicked smirk on his face as he pulled out his phone and recorded this. The two goofs were actually enjoying themselves, Bucky especially. They finish the song and Nat starts clapping. Instead of being embarrassed, Bucky beams and bows a couple times then blows the crowd kisses.

"I'm here all week, folks!" He chimes, winking at Nat then discreetly flipping Tony the bird.

"What about me?" Steve pouts and Bucky pulls him close.

"A round of applause for my boyfriend Steve, everybody, and an extra clap or two for his looks just because!" Bucky chirps and the blonde rolls his eyes but bows. Bucky grins and kisses his cheek. Clint whistles when he walks by the room, Nat was smiling and clapping along with Tony, who still had an evil grin on his face.

"Okay, that was fun," Bucky smiles.

"Maybe you should've been the showgirl, Barnes," Tony snorts, sauntering off. Bucky scoffs.

"Well, I'm gonna go get that phone. Great singin', doll," he adds, kissing Steve lightly before running after Tony, shouting threats if he doesn't get that video off. Steve laughs and Nat grins.

"Quite the character, eh, Steve?" She hums before sauntering off. Steve smiles slightly. Bucky was quite the character, and the blonde felt lucky to have him.