Prompt

Found this on the Internet, of course.

////

Steve looks down at the note in his hand and back up at the building. Well, this was the place. Bucky asked him to meet him here though he wasn't sure why. He steps up to the door and opens it then steps inside the building. It was cold and slightly damp. Steve puts his hands in his pockets as he looks around quietly, waiting for Bucky.

Five minutes pass, then ten, then Steve is about to go have a better look around when he sees Bucky silently standing there by the door out of the corner of his eye. He turns to face him and Bucky doesn't move.

"Hey, baby," Steve greets, stepping closer. The brunette doesn't reply, just licks his lips. "You okay?" He asks carefully.

"Yeah," Bucky says calmly, looking up at him. One hand was behind his back and Steve was a little confused, if anything. Bucky was acting very strange and something felt... very off.

"So why'd you bring me here?"

Bucky opens his mouth to reply, then closes it and swallows. He rubs his head and Steve watches him curiously. Bucky's eyes go hard as he clenches his jaw.

"Buck, why're you staring at me like that?" Steve asks and there's no response. He was a little unnerved now as he watched his husband in front of him. "Did I do something wrong?" Again, no response, Bucky just stares at him. "Please tell me what's going on," Steve pleads.

Bucky pulls a gun into view and aims at Steve's forehead, his eyes hard. The blonde freezes, watching him. Neither move for a second. Steve swallows thickly and Bucky's arm remains unwavering.

"Buck, I don't know what's going on, just- just put the gun down, okay, put it down," Steve says quietly, and Bucky presses the muzzle of the gun against his forehead.

"Please, Bucky, please don't do this," Steve whispers and Bucky frowns slightly.

"Stop calling me that," he hisses and cocks the gun, safety off. Steve finds himself flinching. He surprises himself when he fully realises; Bucky was going to kill him. He didn't have his shield with him and Bucky was brainwashed again and Steve was going to die. He always knew he was, of course, everyone dies. But at the hands of his own husband?

"I know you don't want to kill me, Bucky, it's Hydra," Steve explains, his speech starting to race together as he got more panicked, more anxious. Bucky's fingers start to slowly pull the trigger back and Steve's heart skips a beat. "Bucky, please don't do this, please. I love you, please don't kill me," Steve says quickly, pain clear in his voice.

"Hail Hydra," Bucky growls and Steve swallows.

"Baby, please put it down," Steve pleads and Bucky doesn't react. "Bucky-"

He pulls the trigger and Steve collapses.

Bucky pauses for a second then tosses the gun onto Steve's chest before looking around once more and leaving the building silently, with the silence of a killer.

////

Yep. So how was this one, guys? It was sort of short, sorry. This has been sitting finished in my drafts forever so I just decided to get it up.