Why Fight A Shrimp?

This has been requested by spideymanandloki, kind of to the song 'Jackie and Wilson' by Hozier. Here we go, guys. It's not exactly to the song but she mainly just wanted it up, and since I am doing songs. *shrug*

////

When Bucky heard a young woman sobbing, then several lower voices, taunting, he didn't hesitate to step into the alleyway and curl his bony hands into fists. It didn't matter to him that he was only five foot seven, didn't matter that a gust of wind could blow him over, didn't matter that his stutter turned his tough demeanor into a demeanor of a dandelion puff. There was a group of bullies, and he couldn't tolerate bullies.

"Hey," he shouts and cringes when his voice cracks and rises a pitch. The man towering over the girl slowly turns, and Bucky swallows when he sees Brock Rumlow, the bully of the block. Everyone knew him, and tried their best to stay out of his path. His crew, Hydra, was standing behind the girl. Hydra was made up of the worst guys on the block who loved to pick on defenceless kids. Right now, it was the damsel in distress.

"B-back off," Bucky growls through his stutter as Rumlow saunters over. The lady looks around frantically at them all before turning tail and bolting. Hydra had found a new target and who was she to get in the way?

"Sure, Barnes, sure," Rumlow chuckles a little. The rest of his crew step forward; Zemo was second in command and just as ruthless as Rumlow was, if not more. Ward was just a backstabber and Zola, well, he was just the wormy guy who stuck around and bullied mainly because they weren't bullying him.

"She really vasn't giving us much," Zola drawls, walking up just a little behind Ward. Bucky shoots him a glare, holding his ground as they surround him. Rumlow grabs him by his shirt and yanks him up. Bucky swings a punch and manages a weak one, Rumlow smirks before tossing him to the ground. Bucky sprawls out but is quick to climb to his feet.

"You don't know when to give up, do you?" Ward smirks when he has him pressed against the wall, his arm twisted behind his back painfully. Bucky tries to get free and Ward squeezes his wrist, making the brunette whimper a little.

"N-no," Bucky spits, sorely wishing to sound tougher without his stutter, jerking his head back and smacking it against Ward's face. He smirks triumphantly when he hears a resounding crack, meaning his efforts were at least a little worth it.

"You piece of s***!" Ward hisses, kicking him in the back of the knees. Bucky falls to his knees and Ward squats down beside him, then jerks his wrist the wrong way. Bucky cries out when he feels his wrist break.

"Rumlow, call your f****** lap dogs off," a new voice says, Bucky raises his head and blinks back tears. Ward drops his arm and Bucky hisses in pain, pulling it close to his body.

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused. Get the h*** out of here," the newcomer growls and Bucky tries to make out who it is. Ward steps closer and the newcomer raises his hands. "I didn't come for a fight, guys."

"The h*** you didn't, Rogers," Rumlow spits at the guy and Bucky's eyes widen a little.

"Get out of here," Rogers says evenly and Bucky wasn't sure what made it work, but, grudgingly, Hydra left. Of course, Bucky got several kicks and dirt on him, but he was used to that. Once they leave he hears a slow sigh and out of the corner of his eye sees a figure kneel down beside him.

"You okay, kid?"

"I'm not a kid," Bucky growls as he gets to his feet. It kind of grated on him that he had needed help; he should've gotten himself out. "And I-I don't need your help."