Skinny, Childish-Bucky, Post Serum-Steve

This one was requested by spideymanandloki, so here you go, my friend.

/////

Bucky holds onto Steve's hand loosely as he walks along the edge of the sidewalk, a foot off the ground. He comes to a gap and jumps over then wobbles as he tries to regain his balance. Steve smiles at him.

The brunette was frail, thin, and childish. Steve knew why he was so frail; he couldn't eat properly, it just wouldn't stay down most times, but he could only guess why he was childish. He figured it might've been because the brunette didn't have a childhood he ought to have had. He was orphaned, bullied, and was sick a lot of the time. What surprised Steve the most was that Bucky was so happy all the time.

"Can I get a hot dog?" Bucky asks, looking up at the taller blonde with his big blue-grey eyes. Steve smiles and nods.

"Of course," Steve nods and the brunette grins before pulling him towards the hot dog stand. Steve pulls out some money and pays for two hot dogs.

Later they were walking through a park and Bucky spotted a group of pigeons. He grinned and stepped closer then kneeled down and started tossing the pigeons some of his hot dog. Steve kneeled beside him.

Soon Bucky had several birds around and on him, one perched on his head, one on his shoulder, several on his lap. He picked pieces off his hot dog and fed it to them, smiling when he hears them coo softly.

"You know you need the food more than the pigeons do, you're even skinnier than them," Steve sighs and the brunette looks up at him and merely blinks. He loved animals, and Steve loved that about him, but sometimes the brunette didn't know what was best for him.

Bucky turns back and continues to feed the birds. Steve was just glad he had some of his own hot dog left to give to him.

He hands it to Bucky, who frowns and tries to hand it back.

"You gotta eat, Buck," Steve explains and the brunette sighs before hesitantly taking a bite. Steve smoothes his hair back and kisses his forehead.

"Fine," Bucky pouts then yawns. He finishes the rest, except for the end bit. He stands up and so does Steve. The brunette had been a bouncing ball of energy but he had run out from all that walking around and he was tired. Steve lifts him up onto his back and Bucky smiles then nuzzles his neck. "Love you, Stevie."

"Love you too, Bucky," Steve answers, starting to walk off. The brunette yawns and closes his eyes, and within a few minutes he was fast asleep, drooling a little on Steve's shoulder. The blonde didn't mind; it hadn't been the first time he'd drooled on him.

He heads home, carrying the sleeping brunette carefully on his back. Bucky slept well and Steve was glad for that.