Disneyland

This was requested by @TheLittleWritingGirl so here you go. Hopefully this'll make up for the horrors I've written and meets your expectations.

////

"C'mon, Steve," Bucky whines, pouting at the blonde as he stands impatiently by the front door. Fury had given them a two weeks vacation and they'd decided to go to Disneyland. Neither had ever been, and frankly, Steve just wanted to see Bucky's reaction to it all. He wanted to see it too, but it was mostly for Bucky.

"Just one second," Steve says, taking two water bottles out of the small fridge they had in their hotel room. Bucky crosses his arms and huffs, blowing a strand of brown hair out of his face.

"I've waited seventy years, I ain't being held off any longer for a fun time."

"Okay, okay," Steve says with a smile, shaking his head as he puts the bottles in their backpack. Bucky had insisted on bringing it.

"Finally!" Bucky cheers. He slings the bag over his shoulder, grabs Steve's hand and heads out. The blonde quickly locks the door behind them before Bucky races off, dragging him along.

////

"Ooh! Steve, we should go on the Small World one!" Bucky chimes as they walk around. It was hot out and luckily not many people were willing to brave the heat. Bucky held the blonde's hand loosely as he dragged him all around. The Small World ride comes into view and Bucky gives a small cheer.

"C'mon, old man!" Bucky whines, dragging Steve around behind him.

"I'm only a year older than you, you know," Steve retorts.

"Oh, hush, grandpa," Bucky replies as he drags him into the line.

"Hey, Buck," Steve says and the brunette glances at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm with you at the end of the line." Bucky shoves his shoulder.

"You punk, treating it like some joke," he whines, his forehead falling onto Steve's shoulder. The blonde tilts his chin up and Bucky looks up at him, his eyes were large, blue and green.

"I'm with you till the end of the line, pal. I love you," Steve croons and the brunette blushes. Steve kisses his cheek and Bucky wraps an arm around his waist.

////

"This song? No, Tony sings this all the time," Steve groans as soon as they climb into the boat.

"What's the problem? It's catchy," Bucky points out, bouncing where he sits.

"It's annoying."

"So are you but I put up with you," Bucky adds and Steve pouts. "But on the plus side, you're cute, and considerate, and kind," he continues and the blonde blushes. Bucky grins and kisses him as the first display slides into view.

Steve found the whole thing annoying but Bucky was having the time of his life, though the dolls creeped him out a little. He sang loudly along to the song and Steve held his head in his hands. Bucky smirks at him and sings extra loud, just to annoy him.

////

"Hey Steve, we should get Dole Whip," Bucky hums, pointing towards the stand. The blonde arches an eyebrow. "Clint told me it's like ice cream and pineapple and milk and ice and just good," the brunette explains and Steve nods a little. They get in line and the blonde pays for a cup.

They take a seat on a bench and Bucky takes the first bite. His eyes widen and he stares at Steve.

"So the verdict is?" Steve asks, watching him, amusement in his eyes.
"This is amazing. Why didn't we have this back in our day?" Bucky asks as he takes another spoonful.

"I wanna try some," Steve whines and Bucky boops his nose with the spoon. "Buck-" he's about to continue when the brunette kisses him and he stops short. Bucky tugs his bottom lip briefly before pulling away.

"So?"

"That's- that's, uh, it's good," Steve says distractedly, watching the brunette. Bucky smirks and licks his lips then wipes the Dole Whip off of Steve's nose.

"What is?"

"The uh- Dole stuff."

"Uh huh, uh huh. Let's go on Indiana Jones!" Bucky chimes suddenly, jumping up and scooping the last of the Dole Whip into his mouth before grabbing Steve's hand and running towards the ride, a grin wide on his face.

////

"This doesn't seem too safe," Steve frowns. Bucky was again bouncing in his seat, he got to sit right up front beside the driver, an old man. Steve was the farthest to the right, seated beside him.

The Jeep starts off and Bucky just looks around in amazement. He avoided the eyes of the idol to see if it would change anything. The mask goes dark and cracked, the eyes glow red and Bucky looks at Steve.

"Did you look in the eyes?" He accuses, jabbing the blonde in the pec with his metal pointer finger.

"No! Did you?" Steve counters and Bucky crosses his arms.

"No, why would I ask you if I did?"

"I don't-" he stops when he sees what's going on. "Whoa."

The ride dips, swerves, they enter a room of ghosts and Bucky grabs Steve's hand tightly. Next was a snake room with a giant snake and Steve was the closest to it. He didn't enjoy that too much. Bucky's favorite part was the boulder. They went right under it and he whooped loudly, throwing his hands in the air. Steve smiled and shook his head.

////

"Getting tired, ol' man?" Bucky teases the blonde. It was getting late but the brunette insisted on seeing the firework display.

"Never," Steve replies, stretching his arms out and yawning. Bucky jumps onto his back and the blonde shifts a little before supporting him. They find a good spot to watch the fireworks and settle in.

////

They lit up Bucky's eyes and his grin was wide. Steve had never seen him so happy, not since back in the day. It felt good, knowing that Bucky would be happy.

////

"Okay, that was an amazing day," Bucky yawns as he collapses onto their bed, using Steve's chest as a pillow. The blonde wraps an arm around him and smiles softly.

"That was. Same thing tomorrow?" He asks and Bucky smiles contentedly.

"Same thing tomorrow, pal," he agrees, snuggling down and quickly falling asleep.