Me, Gay?

Clueless. Steve and Bucky were blind to how gay they were for each other.

"Have they come out yet?" Natasha whispers to Clint, who peers at them through the vents. Yes, the archer had taken to spying on them. He and Natasha had a bet against Sam and Tony. He and Nat figured they'd come out any day, while Sam and Tony argued they'd wait a bit. Everybody, however, was certain that they were a couple.

Why, just one day ago, Natasha walked in on the pair asleep on the couch. Bucky tucked in against Steve's chest, Steve cradling him close against him. Peaceful, happy.

That's when the redhead was convinced.

////

"Stevie, what're we doing for dinner?" Bucky asks with a yawn, arching his body over the arm of the couch to dangle upside down, his long brown hair hanging in his face. Steve looks up from his sketch and shrugs.

"We could go fetch something?" He suggests. Bucky sits up and grins.

"Sounds good. Diner?"

"The only one in town?" Steve counters and Bucky nods. "Sure."

"Where ya' going?" Clint asks curiously. He heard them mention 'dinner', so, naturally, he happened to show up. Mere coincidence.

"Out to dinner," Bucky says simply and Clint nods a little.

"Who else?"

The two ninety year olds share a confused look. "Just us," Steve adds and Bucky nods in agreement. He slings an arm around Steve's shoulders and ruffles his hair.

"We have no food here, and besides, this punk might waste away to nothing," Bucky says sarcastically, poking his muscular chest as if to prove a point that Steve was already in great health. Steve rolls his eyes good-naturedly and shrugs off his arm.

Clint nods, smirking lightly. "Alright, you two have fun."

Bucky and Steve exchange a look and the brunette shrugs a shoulder before the pair get ready to head out.

////

The two curl up on the couch later, watching a Disney film together. Nat walks in, stares at them a second, then walks back out. She grabs Clint and drags him inside and gestures to them.

"Oh, come on," Clint announces loudly and Steve raises his head to look at them. "You're not gay?"

Bucky looks at Steve with a confused face. "I don't know what that means."

Nat raises her eyebrows at Clint.

"Gay is... Guys liking guys, or girls liking girls," Clint says slowly, as if he didn't believe that they were unaware. Steve nods in understanding and he and the brunette settle back down.

"Oh. Cool," Bucky speaks.

"I'm just bi," Steve adds and Bucky looks at him. "Tony explained it to me."

"Seriously?"

Steve nods in response. Bucky smiles and nods back. "Sweet."

Nat watches them with raised eyebrows. "So... are you two..?"

"Gay?" Bucky pipes up, glancing at Steve. "Together?" Nat nods patiently. "I don't know. Stevie?"

"Hey, Buck, wanna be my boyfriend?" The blonde asks and Bucky grins.

"Sure." He glances back up at Natasha briefly. "Does that answer your question?"

She and Clint stare at each other briefly.

"Yeah. So, when are you two gonna come out?" Nat asks casually. Steve makes a face.

"We have to?"

"Well..," Nat trails off and shrugs. "It's up to you but you should because we have a bet."

Bucky scoffs. "You made a bet on if we were a couple?"

Clint shrugs sheepishly. "What else were we supposed to do?"

Steve sighs and shakes his head slightly.

////

They did come out and Sam and Tony complained a whole lot. Nat and Clint emerged victorious.