Horror Story

"You believe in ghosts, Stevie?" Bucky asks, leaning back in bed and glancing at his blonde boyfriend.

"Nope." He replies, meeting his gaze. Bucky puts his scary book down on his lap and tucks his hair behind his ear.

"But what if they did? How would you react?" He asks, tilting his head at him. Steve shrugs a little, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I don't know." He replies, Bucky hums something. He turns the news on and yawns, snuggling down into the blankets. Steve wraps an arm around his waist and Bucky rests his head on his shoulder, he watches the news.

Bucky sits up a little when he sees one lady in complete tears, looking panicked. She describes what can onto be described as a ghost, or spectre. Steve merely rolls his eyes at it.

"Like that could ever happen." He mumbles, yawning. Bucky shrugs and turns the tv off, curling up against him and wrapping his arms around his torso.

"G'night, Stevie." Bucky yawns, closing his eyes. Steve kisses the top of his head and nods.

"G'night, Buck." He replies, the brunette quickly falls asleep and soon so does Steve.

////

The next day rolls around, it was stormy and misty out. Bucky sits up, yawning and stretching his arms way above his head. Steve was in the kitchen, making coffee.

Bucky wanders into the kitchen, a thick blanket wrapped around his small shoulders. He yawns widely and shuffles over to Steve, he rests his head on his shoulder. The blonde looks over at him.

"Morning." He hums, twisting his head and kissing his cheek. Bucky nods. Steve hands him a cup of coffee and the brunette nods in thanks, he sips at it. Steve opens the fridge and sighs when he sees they're out of food.
"We need groceries." He comments, looking back at Bucky. He nods.

"Can you get 'em?" Bucky asks shyly, pouting a little for effect because he knew Steve always fell for the pout. Steve sighs and nods.

"Fine. Lazy." He teases, sticking his tongue out at him. Bucky sticks his tongue out as well.

Steve pulls his jacket on and gets his phone and wallet, he shoves his shoes on and opens the door.

"Be back in a bit." He hums, Bucky nods.

"Good luck." He croons, blowing a kiss at him. Steve rolls his eyes and smirks before saluting and closing the door behind him.

It was a gloomy day out there for sure, Steve couldn't see another soul out there. He shoves his hands in his pockets and whistles to himself, walking along. The wind whistles along eerily and Steve hears soft footsteps.

He was thinking about what Bucky said last night, because his mind decided to try to scare him. He shakes his head and scowls, ashamed he was scared of ghost stories.

"Excuse me, sir, you look lost. Can I help find you?" He hears a little girl ask. Steve freezes and looks around him; he saw nothing but mist. He swallows before starting to continue on his way.

"You look lost. I can help." The girl speaks again, closer this time. Steve whirls around and feels fabric whoosh by his legs. He swallows and could feel his heart pounding loudly. He shakes his head forcefully and hurries on his way towards the grocery store. He comes through the door and sighs, relaxing a little. He finds the groceries they'll need and buys them.

The blonde steps back outside into the gloom and starts hurrying along back home. He feels something ice cold and clammy grab his hand and he flinches away, only to be pulled back.