Number Thirty- Sickly Sweet

Bucky was down in the lab trying to nap under a table when it happened. Tony had been working on some type of love potion as a prank on Clint, but he knocked the glass off the table and as it hit the ground it exploded with pink gas and glass, the cork holding the gas in went skidding under a table. Bucky, startled by the noise, woke with a jolt only to inhale some of the gas. The glass was everywhere and a few pieces landed on him, one nicked his cheek.

"S***, Barnes," Tony curses, moving over to him. Bucky rubs his eyes, muttering under his breath. Tony kneels beside him, watching him closely. Bucky looks up and his eyes widen when he sees Tony.

"You're handsome," he hums, leaning forward a little. Tony raises an eyebrow and turns slightly, keeping his eyes trained on Bucky.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, old buddy, can you get Cap and Bruce down here?" He asks, watching the brunette in front of him.
"Of course, sir. I've notified them of the situation," J.A.R.V.I.S. informs.

"Thanks, pal," Tony sighs.

"Your eyes are like vats of chocolate," Bucky giggles and Tony huffs.

///

"I made a love potion, meant for Barton, and I accidentally knocked the bottle over and Bucky might've been in the line of fire," he confesses and Steve frowns, crossing his arms. Bruce kneels beside Bucky and starts poking around.

"You should see if he reacts the same way to you, Steve. Don't take it too hard if he doesn't," Bruce muses and the blonde nods. Bucky was staring at Tony with a goofy expression. Steve sighs and sits in front of him, Bucky focuses his eyes on the blonde in front of him.

"Hey, Bucky. Remember me?" Steve asks and the brunette stares blankly at him.

"Where's Tony?" He whines, since he was out of his line of sight. The blonde sighs impatiently through his nose.

"He's... not here right now," he says and Bucky whines again, falling forward and flopping onto the floor.

"But he's my soul mate," Bucky whines and Steve looks pointedly at Tony, who shrugs helplessly.

"You'll be able to fix this, right?" Steve sighs, getting up. Bucky lets out a happy cheer when he sees Tony again and clings to his legs.

"Maybe?" Tony says, gazing down at him.

"We'll see, Steve," Bruce says, crossing his arms across his chest. The blonde nods before wandering upstairs. Bucky clings to Tony.

///

This lasted for a week and Bucky was so sickly sweet towards Tony. Steve was jealous, he was, because his boyfriend was positively smitten with his friend.

"Have you found a cure yet?" Steve sighs, leaning over his knees and rubbing his face. Bruce sighs, mixing chemicals.

"We're trying," Bruce sighs, glancing over where Bucky was hugging Tony's torso, sweet words spewing from his mouth at a rapid pace, driving Tony insane.

"Your boy's gettin' really annoying, Capsicle," Tony huffs, looking down at Bucky, who smiles and closes his eyes, purring. Steve huffs.

///

"I've got it!" Bruce chimes, holding up a vial of red stuff. Tony looks over and he lights up.

"Tony," Bucky whines, poking him repeatedly.

"I'm gonna seriously lose it with this kid," Tony says through grit teeth. Bruce fills a needle with the red stuff.

"Hold him still," Bruce warns, Tony holds him close and Bucky smiles happily. Bruce quickly inserts the needle into his arm and Bucky squirms uncomfortably. He lets out a sudden yelp and slumps over.

Tony removes him from his torso and lays him out on a table. Bruce hurries upstairs and fetches Steve.

"We did it. C'mon," Bruce says, leading the blonde downstairs.

///

Bucky sits up with a groan, Tony glances over at him.

"Do you love me?" Tony asks quickly and Bucky raises an eyebrow.

"What? No way," Bucky snorts and Tony sighs in relief. Under different circumstances he would've been insulted, but this was good news. "Where's Steve?" Bucky asks just as the blonde walks in.

Bucky smiles when he sees him and the blonde comes over.

"Hey, Buck. How're you feeling?" Steve asks.

"Great," Bucky chirps, sliding off the table and wrapping his arms around the blonde. Steve smiles and kisses him, Bucky kisses back and Tony sighs in relief.