AU Collection #2

College AU

////

"Hey -- he okay?" Steve asks, frowning to his friend Nat, gesturing to a drunk brunet. Nat narrows her eyes at the brunet, studying him.

"Yes?"

"You don't sound certain. Won't his friends help him?" Steve watches those surrounding him, watching him flail and laughing. Nat takes a half step towards him, then falters.

"You should try to -- "

Steve doesn't listen as he brushes past several party-goers, making his way to the brunet as he sways and falls over. Steve catches him securely and the brunet rambles incoherently.

One of the friends finally notice, looking slightly concerned. "You'll take care of him, man?"

"I -- "

"We're jus' up above the ceiling," the man drawls, lifting his beer can towards the sky.

Steve staggers to the side as the brunet leans more heavily against him, his head rolling back.

So Steve ends up carrying him back up to the apartment he was told, slowly but surely.

"Hey -- you're pretty," the brunet hums. "D***, who are you? I'm -- 'm Bucky."

"Steve," he replies, glancing at him. He shifts so Bucky is more comfortable. Bucky clings to him, his head resting against his.

"You're really really pretty," Bucky sighs, eyes closing. "Like -- the sun."

Steve looks amused as he presses the button for the elevator. Bucky studies him quietly, smiling a little. "The sun, huh?"

"'Cause it's hot, an' - an' bright."

"Okay," Steve replies, shaking his head.

Bucky continues to flirt as Steve leads him back to his apartment.

"Hey, hey Stevie -- d'you wanna go on a date or something?"

Steve pushes the apartment door open, guiding Bucky inside. "Think that over when you're not drunk anymore, sound good?"

"Stevie," Bucky whines. Steve looks at him again.

"Your friends will be up shortly. I'll see you around, Bucky. Get some sleep," Steve speaks, before giving him a small smile and walking out.

Three months later, he still saw Bucky around campus, but never said anything. He assumed Bucky forgot all about him.

He hadn't.

Steve had kind of fallen for him, but he would never admit it. However, he did become friends with him, and that would have to be enough.

Oops AU

////

"See her? You could totally date her if you wanted," Tony speaks, nudging his blond best friend, Steve, who raises an eyebrow at him.

"She looks attractive, there's no guarantee she'd date me though."

"True." Tony takes a drink. "Go talk to her. I dare you."

Steve sighs, shaking his head. "Tony..."

"Go on," he prompts, giving his shoulder a push. Steve sighs again, standing up, knowing that Tony wouldn't drop it until he went.

So Steve walks up to the attractive person, who had their back to him. "Excuse me," he speaks. The brunet turns around to face him and Steve freezes.

The attractive girl was an attractive guy, staring at him with a raised eyebrow, hands on his hips. Steve is speechless.

"I -- sorry, I must have the wrong person," he apologises. The brunet nods slowly, smiling a little.

"No worries."

Steve walks away quickly, grabbing Tony. "She's a he," he hisses. Tony raises both eyebrows, glancing at him and whistling lowly.

"Still attractive. And you're gay, right?" Tony grins at him.

"Bisexual. Tony, it isn't that I see a random guy and -- "

"But -- as a woman he was attractive so -- "

"I didn't say he was unattractive," Steve interrupts. He pauses and huffs. "God, he's still super hot. Okay."

"Go talk to him!"

"Calm down," Steve sighs. "Fine. Fine, I'm going."

So he makes his way awkwardly to the brunet again.

"Sorry, I -- I did have the right person," he says apologetically.

He explains the situation and, thankfully, the brunet seems to find it amusing. They keep to talking and Tony watches, smiling to himself.

Barista AU

////

Every day a brunet came up to his till and flirted shamelessly. Steve was too awkward for that, himself. He knew the brunet -- Bucky -- because he'd been coming to the same Starbucks for months now, and Steve always served him.

Bucky always said that if he could kiss Steve, he would let him give him a discount. He was cocky, and Steve secretly liked that. Still; he wasn't getting fired because of flirting with a guy.

"C'mon, Stevie. Just once?"

"I am not losing this job," Steve replies, making his drink.

"Okay, well how 'bout you kiss me? I don't even need the 20% discount."

Steve gives him a look and Bucky raises his eyebrows, grinning. "So?"

Steve tries not to smile as he writes Bucky's name on his cup -- along with Steve's own phone number.

"How 'bout I do my job, and you don't get me fired?" he retorts.

"Steve, you're up next," Clint speaks, nodding to a new customer. Steve looks at Bucky briefly.

"I'll see you later, Stevie," he hums, winking at him before paying for his drink and walking out.

He blushes deep red when he spots Steve's number written beneath his name on the cup.

Maybe his flirting had actually worked.

Months later, Steve was the first to kiss Bucky, who couldn't be happier.

"I always thought I'd be the first to kiss you," he hums against his mouth, lazy kisses pressed everywhere. Steve shrugs, kissing him again.

"Was this worth tormenting me for months, Barnes?" he teases and Bucky smiles.

"Mhmm."

They stay together throughout the night, happy and at peace with one another.

////

Second one done. :)