Smooth Criminals

"Come out with your hands up!" The officer shouts and Bucky sighs as he slowly takes a step out, his one hand in the air.

"Alright, you caught me. I'm gay," Bucky sighs dramatically, pouting his bottom lip just slightly. The officer frowns.

"I didn't mean that type of come out." He scowls and the grip on his gun tightens.

"Oh," Bucky responds, glancing back into the shop. "Alright, uh, can we try this again then?"

"You have the right to remain silent," the officer snaps, striding forward. Bucky rolls his eyes but says nothing.

"Uh huh," he mumbles under his breath. The officer looks at him and Bucky makes an innocent face.

"I get a call, right?"

The officer frowns but nods slowly. Bucky nods in return and turns slightly.

"Drop the base, Steve!" He shouts and almost instantly the lights of the shop go out and the officer's radio starts crackling, along with his earpiece. He winces when a loud, high pitched screech cuts through his earpiece.

"I thought we agreed we weren't calling it that!" Steve hisses as he grabs Bucky's arm and begins running, the smaller brunette racing along beside him.

"Did we? Oops," he responds and Steve rolls his eyes as he darts around the corner and pulls Bucky with him. Sirens begin wailing and Steve curses softly.

"Hey! Don't swear!" Bucky hisses, smacking his arm. Steve looks at him and sighs softly.

"Fine," he replies. "I'm not making any promises though."

"You should," Bucky huffs.

"I promise I won't swear when it's not needed," he promises and Bucky sighs. "Hey, that's better than nothing," Steve continues.

"Sure," Bucky says, when he hears the sirens wail a little louder he starts looking for something. "Why don't we ever plan ahead of these robberies?" He grumbles as he jumps to reach a rusted ladder leading to a roof of a building.

"Because we never claimed to be pros," Steve answers as he gives Bucky a boost. Since the brunette only had one arm due to being simply born that way, sometimes he needed all the help he could get.

"No, Steve, we're totally pros," he says sarcastically as he hoists himself up to the top.

"Sarcasm." Steve nods.

"Mhm," Bucky hums in response, his eyes trained on the roads below, flashing red and blue as police whizzed by. "Nice work with the lights by the way."

"I thought so, yeah," Steve muses, rubbing the back of his neck. "Fastest I've done it so far." Bucky nods at him.
A police helicopter flies by, blades whirring loudly, and Steve mumbles something under his breath. Bucky turns to face him and opens his mouth to say something.

"Relax, I said dang it," Steve says with a roll of his eyes. Bucky nods in satisfaction.

"Ain't it better not to have a toilet for a mouth?" He questions, tilting his head at the blonde as he flattens against the roof.

"Isn't it better," Steve corrects and now Bucky rolls his eyes. "Correct me on my so called toilet mouth, I'll fix your grammar."

"Fine. If I mess up my grammar, you can swear your mouth off for a day. If not, you have to use the cheesiest curses and ignore my bad grammar," Bucky wagers quietly as the helicopter swings around towards them, the beam of light inching closer to where they hid.

"Deal," Steve agrees, taking Bucky's hand and giving it a shake before crouching down again. "Oh, you know we'll have to make a run for it, right?"