Run Rookie Run

Your POV:

We were getting ready to face China. Camp has been awesome. I've been playing more of a midfield role but Kelley's change is the biggest.

She's an outside back now.

"Alright rookies!" Megan said. We all stood on the field. "We're gonna play a fun game. It's not fun for you but its fun for all of us to watch. It's called "watch the rookies run till they throw up" and it's the best game ever."

"That's not what it's called." Dawn pushed her aside. "We are going to alternate the person sending in the cross. For every perfectly connected cross, you get a point. Every missed cross, is a strike. For every strike you get, you run a lap around the field. Make sense?"

We all nodded. "Great. First up. O'Hara. Send in some crosses."

Kelley set up the ball and stood over it. "If you miss this I'll fight." She yelled to me.

"Stop talking and send in the cross Stanford!" I yelled back.

She put her hand up and ran to the ball, sending it into the box. I followed it and jumped up. The ball connected with my head and sailed into the net.

"O'Hara gets a point! L/N you're up!" Dawn said. I ran over to where Kelley was.

"Header could've been better. I'll have to coach you." She said as I got closer to her.

"Why don't you take your coaching and shove it up your ass." I said bumping into her shoulder. I set the ball down and she backed away with her hands up. That famous O'Hara smirk on her face.

Morgan Brian waited in the box. "I hope the vets are ready I might actually throw up." She said.

I shook my head and set in the cross. She backed up and shot it into the net with her left foot.

"Point for L/N." Dawn said. "Brian."

"Oh man." Morgan said walking towards me.

"Hey." I said. "You got this." I patted her shoulder.

"You know Morgan" Kelley started. "This is a pretty big field. I'd hate to have to run laps!"

I walked back over to wait. "Shut up O'Hara."

Morgan sent in the cross to Sam Mewis who was waiting. That ball was too high and sailed over the head of Dunn.

Kelley laughed. "Look who can't handle pressure."

"Why are you such an ass." I pushed her.

"I'm tying to help her. There's gonna be people SCREAMING at her during actual games for her to miss. If she can't handle the pressure from me, how can she take it from them."

Morgan walked over to us. 

We continued this for about half an hour.

We each ended up having to do 5 laps.

"Ok rookies. You know the rules. Start running." Dawn said.

It sucks being a rookie.