Now We're Perfect

Your POV:

The 4th official held up the board. 15 in green, 10 in red.

Carli gave Becky the armband and ran over to me. "Get us to the semifinal." She said. "Damn Sweden." I heard her say as I ran onto the field. 

"Alright let's go!" Alex clapped. 

5 minutes after I came in Kelley got the ball. She sent it into the box. Everything felt like someone was playing it in slow motion.

It came to me and I brought it down. I finally saw a clear shot and took it. 

I heard Morgan scream behind me as the ball went towards goal. 

The keeper jumped for it but it sailed past her hand and in.

I ran towards Kelley. "YES!" I jumped on her and our teammates ran around us.

No one's POV:

"And it is in! Y/N L/N the first time Olympian may have just scored the winner for the USA!" 

Ethan jumped up and down. "That's my sister!" 

"I GAVE BIRTH TO HER!!" Valerie jumped up and down.

"And I got the assist in that birth. Uh hello." He put his hand up.

"I'm not high fiving you for that."

"Why not?" He sighed. 

"Because I'm not." She said. 

They watched you run to the bench and jump on Carli. 

"Fuck yes!" Ashlyn high fived Sam.

"There we go, Y/N!" Emily clapped.

Your POV:

We waited for Sweden to restart the game. Fans kept screaming. I looked around the stadium.

"COME ON!" I screamed. 

Christen looked at me. Play restarted and Sweden attacked. "Oh they put the bus in drive!" Kelley ran by me.

I laughed. They got a free kick and Christen walked over to me. "Chicago crushes Sweden." She said.

"I did my part. Let's go Press." 

"It's amazing you two are still so close even though you dated." Morgan shook her head. "Weird."

"You're the one making it weird, Moe." 

"It's Bean. She makes everything weird." Whitney said.

They took the free kick and Hope easily got it. 

The first half ended. We went to the bench. "Any wisdom Captain Broon?" Kelley wiped sweat away.

"Just to do what we did in the first half. Create more chances, stop their attacks, trust each other, communicate well. If we do all that, we're through to the semifinal."

"And if we don't?" Mal looked up.

"You're on the bench now why do you care?"

"Cause we still have to do stuff even on the bench Kling." She said. "It takes us all. Not just the 11 on the field. All of us." 

"Oh rookie. That's cute." Ali smiled.

"Mal. If we don't do that, we go to penalties and hope for the best." She said. "And I don't want to go to penalties."

"I don't either." Alex said. "I have a bad feeling about this going to penalties."

"I don't. Press is in the came and has been for a while." Tobin said. "She's confident right now."

"Ok. No more flirting you weirdos." 

"Everyone shut the fuck up and lets go finish this shit." Hope said and walked away.

"You heard her!" Kelley said. "Let's go." She winked at me.

"Keep it in your pants O'Hara." Carli pushed her away from the bench.

I walked next to Christen. "15 minutes and you still haven't done your part." I said. "Come on Press."

"What are you losers talking about?"

"It's a Chicago thing. Stay in Orlando up Servando's ass would you?" I said.

"Oh shit." Crystal covered her face.

We continued on. Played just as good as the 1st half.

"5 minutes away!" Tobin yelled.

"We got it Tobinha!" Kelley yelled back.

Ali got the ball and then got tackled by one of the Sweden players.

"Damn Sweden!" She yelled getting up. 

Becky sent the ball up the field to Christen, aka the first touch queen.

She shot it. 

"GOAL!" Tobin took of running to her. I ran too. 

I jumped on both of them. "Chicago just crushed Sweden." I hugged her.

We were up 3-1 in stoppage time. Seconds away from the semifinal. 

No one's POV:

"BLOW THE DAMN WHISTLE!" Ashlyn stood up.

"I like her." Matt said.

Ash looked at him. "New best friend. Come sit with me." 

"Don't break my brother." Ethan said.

"Relax. I'm great with kids. Look at me and your sister." She smirked.

Your POV:

The whistle blew and our bench cleared. We did it!

"We're through!" Kelley hugged me. "I love you."

"I love you too." Heather said walking up behind us. "You nerds."