Hang Out Sometime

Your POV:

We were packing up to head home. The NWSL season was over. FCKC won.

Again.

There was a knock on my door. I went to open it. "Hey Press."

"Sup." She walked in. "What you doing for your break?"

"Might go home. See my mom." I smiled. "Haven't seen her since maybe January." I laughed. "I'm a terrible daughter."

"Just to let you know. Ash told me that you and Eliza aren't dating. And she told Kriegs."

"Ok." I said. "That's fine. As long as Kelley doesn't find out."

"So I was thinking."

"Oh did it hurt your brain?" I asked her.

"Ha. You're funny." She said. "Anyways. I was thinking that we hang out. You know during the break."

"Uh yeah. That's sounds fun." I said.

"Great." She stood up. "I gotta finish packing. Big trip to the white house. Kelley's still here but Ash is too. If Kelley bothers you, Ash said to get her."

"I don't need to be protected." I sighed. "I can handle Kelley. Ok?"

"We just don't want you to get hurt."

"I've been hurt before, Christen. I can handle it."

"Are you kidding me? You beg me to take you back and you just go and do it again!"

"When you put it that way it seems really bad."

"It IS really bad! We have kids!" I heard my mom sigh.

"Y/N why are they yelling?" My little brother, Ethan asked. He was 5 years younger than me. "Are they fighting?"

"No. Dad just has a really hard time understanding mom so she has to talk really loud. Even then he still doesn't understand." I said. "Go in my room." I said. He went in and shut the door.

I was 11 when he first cheated. Then my mom took him back. I was 13 when she caught him cheating again.

"Mom?" I walked downstairs. 

"Y/N. Go back upstairs."

"And do what? Listen to you guys?"

"Y/N listen to your mother."

"Don't talk to me." I said to him. "We're all awake. In my room cause they're scared by the yelling."

My mom put her hands on her hips and looked at my dad. "I want you out." She said. "Out of this house."

"And go where?"

"I'm sure you'll find somewhere." She said. "Next time I come down here you better be gone. Come with me, Y/N." She led me back upstairs.

"I know." Christen said. "I just don't want to see you hurt while I'm around." She smiled and walked out.