Date Night #2

Your POV:

I'm on my way.

I locked my phone. Who would've thought that'd I'd be going on a second date with Kelley O'Hara?

Everyone's saying I broke the player. I doubt it.

Once a player, always a player. Christen told me she has my back. 

I walked to the elevator and then waited for Kelley. She pulled up, like when she picked me up at the airport. We drove somewhere. I don't know what she has planned.

"How was practice?" I asked her.

"Good. Teams looking good. Sweden will be tough though. Pia's a good coach, she knows us." She turned onto a street.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." She said. "Just trust me."

"I'm not there yet with you."

She shook her head. "I'll earn your trust."

"If I live to see tomorrow I will trust you."

"Damn there goes my plans for tonight." I laughed. "I need to make you laugh more." She said. "It's my favorite sound."

"What about the ball hitting the net? Or the crowd screaming your name?"

"Again. I'm just warming the bench." She said. "But when I finally play, I better hear you cheering me on."

"Just call me your personal cheerleader." 

We got to the restaurant and she opened the car door for me. "Abby helped me get a nice table." She said. "Figured we'd get a little more fancy for the 2nd date."

"We are just classy gals aren't we." We sat down and got our food. 

"Again. Abby helped me plan the whole thing. All our food is already settled."

"How do you know what I like?"

"Christen also may have helped."

We ate, talked, laughed and just enjoyed being together. Finally we finished and got ready to leave. 

While driving back we looked at the city. Then finally, drove back to my hotel. "When am I gonna see you again?" She asked when we stopped.

Kelley's POV:

"Kelley I had fun. I always do when I'm with you. But I need you to focus on the team. Yeah you've been benched, but when they need you to step up, I don't want you to be distracted."

"I won't be." 

"We'll see what happens, when the World Cup is over." She said. She took her seatbelt off.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying whatever we are right now. Can wait till this tournament ends." She looked at me. "I have to focus on the season, and you have the biggest tournament ever."

"I won't be distracted." I said. 

"I'll talk to you later Kelley." She opened the door and walked into her hotel. I rested my head on the headrest and sighed. 

I drove back to the hotel and went up to the room I was sharing with Alex. I threw my jacket on the bed and flopped on it. "What's up with you?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Ok. I'll get Press." 

"Alex." She stopped. "Do you think a relationship would distract me?"

"It's Y/N isn't it?" I nodded. "Yeah I'm definitely going to get Press." She walked out.

"The fuck Alex." I whispered and hit my head on the pillow.