What's Stopping You

Your POV:

"I had fun." Christen said.

"I did too." I smiled.

"I know it's only been one date, but you know how I feel about you."

"One of my friends is getting married next month. I was just gonna go alone but maybe you'd want to be my date?" I asked.

"It sounds like a plan."

Christen laughed. "Great. I have a date." I smiled.

We went back to my house. Ethan, Gabe and Chloe were at my dads. My mom was at a friends house. "What do you want to do?" I said walking into the house. "It's just us!"

I grabbed a beer for myself. "You want anything?"

"Just get me a water."

I grabbed that for her and walked back to the living room.

"Why do you always drink beer?"

I opened it and took a sip. "I don't know." I shrugged. "It's all we had in my dorm. It became a habit."

"I've only ever seen you drink beer."

"You didn't see me at the world cup celebration party did you?" She shook her head. "I was with Ash. We drank more than beer." I sat on the couch.

Christen sat next to me. "So we had a date tonight. I'm gonna be your date to the wedding. What does that make us?"

"Dates." I said. She just started at me. "I thought it was funny." I put my feet up. "I don't know. What do you want it to make us?"

"Maybe before the wedding we can spend more time together. Figure it out then." She said.

"More time together? We've slept together all weekend." I smirked.

"You're unbelievable."

"I blame Ashlyn Harris." She laughed. I looked at her.

"Don't look at me that way." She said.

"Why?"

"It makes me want to kiss you."

"What's stopping you?"

She leaned closer to me. Her lips were almost on mine when the front door opened. Christen jumped back.

"Man traffic was a bitch!" I heard my mom said. "Oh you two are home? How was dinner?"

"It was great." Christen said. "I'm pretty tired. I'll see you in the morning." She got up and went upstairs.

I grabbed my drink off the table and took a long sip.

"What's wrong? I feel like I ruined something?" My mom said.

"Nope." I said. "We were just talking about Alicia's wedding." I said. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."