Unstoppable Duo

Your POV:

I sat on the pitch and stared at my cleats. That's it. Our season is over. Ended in the semifinal once again. 

I looked up and watched Ali and Crystal celebrate. I'm happy for them, but I wanted to be the one celebrating after the game. 

"Y/N." Danny leaned over. "Let's get off this field." She sighed. 

She helped me up. I took one more look at the Spirit players and headed towards the locker room with my team. 

"SPIRIT GOAL!!!!"

"I'm proud of everyone in this locker room." Coach said. "We had an incredible season. We didn't get the ending we hoped for, but it was better than last season. We put up a fight this time." He looked around at us.

"Goal scored in the 110th minute by #14 Francisca Ordega assisted by #7 Christine Nairn!!" 

"We learn from this and take that going forward. Getting closer and closer to our goal every year." He said. "I want everyone this offseason to relax, recover, enjoy themselves. Spent time with family. If you're going to play in Australia, best of luck, stay safe, and come back in one piece." 

"SPIRIT WIN!!! SPIRIT WIN!" 

I put my gear into my bag and looked at my jersey. 

"Hey." I looked up. "Fantastic season." 

"Thanks." I smiled.

I grabbed my stuff and headed out with the team. 

"We're going to the final!!" Krieger ran around the field.

I saw my mom and siblings. "Hey." I walked over. 

"You played great." My mom hugged me. "So proud of you." 

"Thanks, mom." I hugged her. 

"It just wasn't your year." Ethan patted my back. "Come back stronger in 2017." He said. 

"I just wanna head back to Chicago." 

"Y/N!" A person ran towards me. "Got time for a quick interview?" I nodded. "Just gonna record the audio." He took his phone out. "Alright. First off, congrats on an amazing year, what are your thoughts on Chicago's season?"

"I think we had a great season. Made it back to the playoffs and played better than we did last season." I said. "Would've liked a different outcome than last year but that's football."

He nodded. "Looking at today's match what can you guys build on as a team going forward?"

"I mean a lot of things will probably be different going into 2017. New players coming in, maybe some players leaving, so just continuing to build chemistry between everyone. Steph needs to get familiar with the way we play, Sofia and I are still working on some things to be a better partnership."

"You brought up Press. You two were named the Unstoppable Duo this season. What's it like playing with Christen?"

"It's amazing, I love playing with Christen. She's world class, the things she's able to do on the pitch always leaves me speechless and we've been teammates for almost 3 years I think. We just know each other well and she's my best friend off the pitch. We hang out a lot in Chicago so it's no surprise we work so well on the pitch." I smiled.

"Thank you. Again congrats on the amazing year."

"Thanks." I shook his hand and walked back to my mom.

"You're my best friend too." I saw Christen next to me. "Best friend forever." She hugged me. "and ever!" 

"Christen!" Chloe ran to her. She hugged her. "You did amazing." 

"You can let go now?" I said after 5 minutes.

"No." Chloe looked at me. "I'm never letting go. Nothing can hurt her if I hold on forever."

"True, but I know someone who will hurt you." 

"Who?"

"Her name starts with a T." 

"Tobin?" Chloe said. "I'd pay her." 

"Ok. We're leaving." I pulled my sister off Christen. 

We walked away from the field. I looked at the team. "I'm gonna drive with my family." I said. "Coach did say to." 

Julie nodded. "I'll see you back in Chicago." She hugged me. "Love you."

"Love you too, JJ."

We got to the car. Kelley and Sam were waiting there. Kelley saw me and walked towards me. "Hey." I said. She threw her arms around me. 

"I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled into her shoulder. 

"Hey. Don't forget I'm your date to your dad's wedding." She said. "Then we're going somewhere nice for a vacation."

"Sounds good."