We Agreed

Your POV:

"Good morning I'm taking over snapchat today so get ready!" I added it to the story and put my shoes on.

"Oh snapchat takeovers." Kelley said while sitting on my bed. "Good times."

"Shut up." JJ said. "I hate being your roommate." She said. "Kelley's always here."

"I just got here." Kelley said. "Square up JJ."

"Hey!" I said. They both stopped. "Let me open snapchat first."

We all left to go meet the Aussies. "Who would've thought we'd be going to get lunch with the team we just beat for a gold medal?" Hope said.

"It'd be weirder if we were going to meet Canada." Alex said.

"How'd my head look?" Becky asked.

"Stitched up." Kling answered.

"Worth it." 

"Where we going?" I asked Ali on snapchat.

"To meet the Aussies!"

"Really? Not weird at all!" Mal said.

I laughed and added it to the story.

We got there and waited for our new friends. They came in and we got a big enough table to all sit together. "SO not all over us know each other. Name, age and what club team you play for!" Same said. "Ready. GO!"

"Uh Lydia Williams. 28 and Houston Dash."

"DASH ON!" Morgan yelled.

"MORGAN!"

"LYDIA!" 

"Ok moving on." Steph said. "Steph Catley, play for Orlando, and I'm 22." 

"Go Pride." Ashlyn whispered.

"We have no Chicago Aussies." Christen whispered to me. 

"I know. Just stay cool."  

"Becky Sauerbrunn, I'm 31. FCKC all day."

"Old teammates." 

"You speak, you go." Sam said.

"Katrina Gorry. 24. Brisbane Roar."

"That rhymed." Kelley laughed. We all looked at her. "Shit." 

"Kevin." Sam smirked.

"Kelley O'Hara. 23 Sky Blue FC." She smiled. "Love you." She said to me.

I shook my head. 

"COME ON!"

We got through everyone except for the Chicago girls.

"You 4 are left." Sam said. "Go." 

We looked at Alyssa. "Alyssa Naeher. 28. Red Stars."

"Julie Johnston 24 and this is my crib."

"JJ why." I sighed. I looked up. "Y/N L/N. 23 and Red Stars."

"Christen Press. 27. Red Stars." 

"This feels like a support group." Caitlin said. 

I took my phone out and opened snapchat.

"She's doing a takeover for the day." Julie said.

"Look who we're with. Say hi Aussies!" I aimed my phone at them.

"HI AUSSIES!" Steph yelled.

"She's a dork!" Laura said.

"Yep!" Steph gave a thumbs up. I added it to the story and kept doing more.

Everyone was posting selfies on Instagram and having a good time. "Any more news on that meeting when you get back?" Gorry asked.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at us. 

"What meeting?" Carli asked.

"Thanks mini." I sighed. "I have a meeting with Sunil Gulati when we get back home." I said. "To discuss my future." 

"The hell does that mean?" Kelley said.

"It means I'm done, Kel." I said. 

"No." Hope said. "We gotta fight it. We WILL fight it."

"I appreciate it but you can't." I said. "I had a good 2 years on the national team and my dreams became a reality. I met my idols, I'm having lunch with the US women's soccer team and the Matildas the day after playing in the gold medal match."

"So you're just gonna give up?" Steph asked.

I shrugged. "I've tried. I've told Jill my side of the story, Kelley's told her, my captains stood up for me, you all risked your careers just for me to play against Canada. I don't want you guys to get to lose everything just for some rookie." 

"You aren't a rookie anymore. You had a Carli Lloyd vs Japan performance last night." Tobin smiled. 

"We'll see what happens when we get back." I said. "For now let's just enjoy Rio with our new friends." 

 "Amen to that." Lydia said.

We finished up and left. As we walked back, fans came up to us. "Y/N!" One yelled. "You played good yesterday!"

"It was a team effort." I smiled.

"Can you sign my shirt?" She held up a Rio 2016 shirt. 

"Yeah of course." I said. She handed me a marker and I sighed it. She got some of the other girls as well and we took pictures with her. 

"You should come play in the W-League after the NWSL ends." Gorry said. "Brisbane would love to have you."

"No. Sydney is where its at." Caitlin said.

"Perth all day." Sam said.

"Or she can just stay with me like we had planned." Kelley said.

"We planned that?"

"Babe." She said. "Come on. We agreed you were gonna come to Georgia." 

"You suggested I went to Georgia. We never agreed. What about my family?" I said. "I wanna see them too. Ethan's going to college and Chloe misses me."

"What about Gabe?" Tobin asked.

"He's a pain in my ass." She laughed.

"Congrats guys. You just started world war O'L/N." Whitney said.

"That was creative." Ashlyn said.

"I know right." They high fived.

"Friendship goals." Mal whispered.