The Ring

Your POV:

"Dad?" I was our last day at the resort. "Can I cash in my Christmas present?"

"Uh yeah. Of course. Where are you heading?" 

I smiled. 

Kelley's POV:

I held the ring box in my hand. "What you got there O'Hara?" Christen sat with me.

"Something that can change my life in a second." I smiled. 

"It's Y/N isn't it?"

"Press, I-"

"It's ok Kel. I moved on." She smiled. "Plus we're friends. Friends don't let a girl get between them." 

I nodded. "It is Y/N. It's only been a year but" 

"When you know, you know." She finished for me. "I heard you, during the wedding. You're gonna marry her. That's what that is isn't it?" She pointed to the box.

"When the season was ending, when I got hurt. I kind of pushed her away. Cap told me to do something that would show her just how much she meant to me. At first, this was just gonna be a promise ring, but then I went back to the store a couple weeks after the semifinal game. I returned that ring and got this one." I opened the box. "An engagement ring." 

"It's beautiful. How'd you afford it?"

"My freshman year of high school I realized I liked girls," I said. "and I promised myself that when I meant the girl, I was going to get her a ring that was ALMOST as beautiful as her. So every paycheck I got, every allowance, money I found on the sidewalk, I saved it to one day be able to afford that special ring. This ring right here." I looked at it. "There was a different one. It was beautiful Christen, flashy and all that shit. It wasn't Y/N though. She's a simple girl, doesn't like being the center of attention but if the spotlights on her, it doesn't phase her one bit. This ring had her name written all over it." 

"When are you popping the question?" 

"We're going on a little vacation," I said. "and I have a photographer friend who is gonna meet us there. I planned a little something special and don't worry I will keep you in the loop."

"I appreciate that, O'Hara. The rest of the team know?"

I shook my head. "Cap still thinks I got a promise ring. Can you keep this between us? Just until we get back from the trip?"

"Of course. It's not my news to tell anyway." She stood up, so did I. "I'm happy for you, Kel." 

"Thanks, Chris." I hugged her. 

"I'm proud of you, too."

"She brings out the best in me." 

Where do you want to head on vacation? 

Also how you feeling about Kelley's secret? 

Comment below!