The 23

Your POV:

Me, Sarah and Laura we on Skype. We all had FS1 on waiting for the roster.

"Here we go."

"Let's start in the goal. 3 keepers on the list the first one, no surprises there Hope Solo." 

"Duh no shit." Sarah said shoving food into her mouth. 

Ashlyn and Alyssa were on the list. "What's the point of taking 3 if Hope's gonna play every game?" Laura said.

"Ashlyn is there cause she's hot and Alyssa is there cause she's savage as fuck come on Laura. Use that brain of yours!" Sarah said.

"8 defenders named by Jill Ellis. Take a look at the list and it begins with the ageless one."

"AGIAN DUH!!!" Sarah yelled.

"Oh my god I'm gonna kick you out." I said. She laughed.

"Sorry, sorry I'm just excited." 

Christie, Becky, Meghan and Ali were on the list. "Ali Krieger suffered another concussion over the weekend in NWSL play. She's off to the world cup."

I saw Sarah opening her mouth.

"If you say duh again I will fly back there and slap you!" I said.

"I was actually gonna say no shit so suck my ass!"

Julie, Lori, and Whitney were on the list. "Our defenders are fire." Laura said. "Watch out attackers!"

"For real. Christie Rampone? Women is my hero!"

Kelley's face popped up. "Aw look. Y/N's girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Not yet. Come on she told you that you're the only girl on her mind. You beat the player!"

"The player don't play no more." Laura said. "O'Hara is in LOVE!"

"Or maybe she is still a player and is STILL lying to get me in bed."

"Maybe but at least she's hot." Sarah said. "Alright midfielders! Here we go!!"

"Lauren Holiday. No brainer. Carli Lloyd again no brainer."

"PKs 2011." Sarah coughed.

"It was 4 years ago get over it." Laura coughed.

"Why am I friends with you guys? Seriously."

Megan, Shannon, Morgan, Tobin, and Heather were on the list.

"Defenders, STACKED. Midfielders, STACKED!" Sarah said. "If we don't win this thing I'll sue."

Finally it was the forwards. "Let's see who Jill cut you to take." Sarah said.

I shook my head. 

"Abby Wambach. Yeah you can't compete with her. Alex Morgan? She's better than you. Sydney Leroux. Baddest bitch on the pitch."

"Are you done?" Laura said.

"I'm honestly gonna hang up."

"NO!" They both yelled.

"CHRISTEN PRESS!" Sarah yelled. "I'm sorry you guys can hate me and yell at me but that is my FAV RIGHT THERE!"

I laughed. "I trust Christen with my life." I said.

"Honestly same." Laura said. "But if she wanted to take my life, girl I will buy the weapon her little heart desires."

"ARod!" I smiled. "I love ARod!" I said. "Her hair skills are on point." They both stared at me. "What did y'all not see the braid I had during my first cap? I was gonna go for a simple bun but not on ARod's watch."

They laughed. The roster announcement wrapped up and we hung up. I grabbed my phone.

Congratulations O'Hara.

Thank you. Wish you were coming though.

I'll be there. Just not as a player.

I'll have a good luck charm.