Date Night

Your POV:

"Alright ladies! Good work today! See you Saturday for game day! UCLA!" Coach yelled.

"Night off. What are we doing tonight?" Sarah asked.

"One of the guys from my Philosophy class is having a party. We should go."

"You guys go." I said. "I'm still trying to recover from camp."

"OH right. Big USWNT star needs her rest. Big World Cup coming up!"

"I'm not even on the roster." I sighed. "But I flew in last night, after playing 3 games and training nonstop. Dawn shows no mercy. And I love it."

"Fine ok. But if we need a ride can we call you?"

"Sure fine. No promises I'll be up though. I got an exam to study for." Which wasn't a total lie.

"Alright bye L/N." We went our separate ways.

Hey rookie. NWSL Draft this week. Good luck.

Thanks Cheney.

I relaxed for a little before starting to get ready.

I also started thinking about the NWSL draft. Everyone was saying Morgan would be the #1 pick. I wouldn't doubt it.

I'm leaving soon to pick you up. Don't dress fancy.

I just had practice. I'm wearing sweatpants.

Perfect

I shook my head and sat on the couch and watched whatever was on. A couple minutes past and I heard a beep outside of my apartment.

I looked out the window. "Really Stanford? You couldn't come up like a normal person?"

"You should know me Santa Clara! I ain't normal!" She smiled. She was leaning against the hood of her car.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you coming up or not?"

"Buy me dinner first sweetheart." She said.

Again I rolled my eyes. "I'll be right down."

I turned the TV off and locked the door, walking down to meet Kelley.

I walked outside and over to her. "You look good." She said.

"Good? Nice choice of words O'Hara."

She looked down. "You look beautiful. As always." She opened the car door. I got in and we drove.

What did I get myself into?