Family Affair

Your POV:

Everyone's family was in Brazil and watched the first game. We couldn't see them much before the game because of the intense preparation.

We beat New Zealand, 2-0. Alex and Carli coming up big. I came in off the bench. Next game was against France.

Always tough against them.

But for right now, we went to see our families.

"CHRISTEN!" Chloe yelled.

"Oh no." I mumbled.

"Yeah! Press what's good fam?" Ethan walked over. "Dumpin my sister?"

"Ethan. You aren't cool and I can break your arm." I said.

"I'm trying to look out for you, and you just attack me like this."

"Who's the older sibling?"

"You."

"Me. I look out for YOU little shits not the other way around. I've been through college. I'm in adult life now, I've seen shit ok? Y'all can't look out for me cause you don't know what it's like in the real world."

"Y/N stop scaring your siblings." My mom said. "You must be Kelley."

"Yes. Hi. It's nice to finally meet you Ms. L/N."

"Hmm. We'll see." She said. "We'll meet you outside." They all left.

"When I first met her, I got to call her my her first name." Christen said. 

"Christen!" Tobin said.

"What?" Christen said. "It's true."

"You're annoying." Kelley said.

"Valerie! Are those new Nikes?" Christen went after my mom.

"Your family hates me." Kelley said.

"Hey." I said. "They don't even know you yet. And if they DO end up hating you, too bad. You are stuck with my now O'Hara."

"Kelley!" I heard my dad. "And my dear daughter."

"Mr. L/N."

"Call me Luke, Kelley. Just cause I'm a father doesn't mean I'm old." He smiled. "This is my fiancée, Yvonne."

"Nice to meet you." Kelley smiled. "You must be Brandon and Matthew?"

"Yep!" Matt said. "I'm Matthew but call me Matt."

"You got it little man." She smiled. "My parents are outside. They wanted to do lunch. You all are welcome to join us. Actually my mom WANTS you guys to join us." We walked outside.

"That sounds awesome!" Matt said. "Where's Ashlyn Harris?"

"With her family. Why?"

"She's my hero." He said.

We went to get lunch. My siblings bonded with Kelley's, even though there is a large age gap and I have way more than she does.

Our parents got along as well. Ethan and Gabe started coming around and talking to Kelley.

Chloe too, mostly cause she was in fangirl mode.

My mom however continued to give her the cold shoulder.

"Mom." I said. "Can we talk?" She nodded and we got up. "Excuse us." I said. We walked away from the table.

"What?"

"I know you hate her, but I love her. Can you just try to be a bit nicer?"

"Nicer? She broke your heart."

"We weren't dating, mom. I know she did that, but once you actually get to know her, you'll see that she really loves me and cares about me. You want me to be happy right?" She nodded. "Then give Kelley a chance. Because she makes me really happy."

Will your mom forgive Kelley and accept the relationship?

Will Matt meet his hero, Ashlyn Harris?

Find out in the next chapter of Stanford Girl!