Get in the Car

Your POV:

"Great win." Coach said. "You worked as a team and now, we're playoff bound."

"Let's do better than last year." Christen said.

I sat down and looked at my phone. No texts from Kelley.

I sighed.

"Hey. She'll realize she's being an idiot." Danny said.

"Hopefully." I put my phone down.

Kelley's POV:

"You want me to buy this for my girlfriend who I've been with for not even a full year yet?"

"You said it yourself." Christie said. "You can see the two of you getting married one day. You don't have to give it to her now. I'm just saying when you hit that 1 or even year and a half, and you still want to show her how much you love her. That will help."

"A ring?"

"A promise ring."

"Does anyone even do that anymore?" Sam asked.

"If I don't give it to her now, how do I show her I love her? I've been an ass how do I fix that?"

"Apologize like a normal girlfriend." Sam said.

"But I've hurt her a lot. I don't think an apology is gonna be enough this time."

"If you love her as much as you say you do, why do you keep hurting her?" Christie asked.

Your POV:

"Good game Y/N!" Fans yelled as I left. "Playoffs!"

I smiled. Jerseys and scarves were waved around as they screamed.

Julie walked out behind me. She was all smiles and the fans loved that. She stopped at signed stuff.

"Come on. Join in L/N!" She said. I laughed and started to sign stuff too.

We finished up and left.

"We did it, Johnston." I laughed. "We're playoff bound."

"I did it last year. But I know this year is gonna be the year." She said.

"Why?"

"Cause you're on the team. Knowing you're around I feel like we can do anything. Like I can do anything. You make everyone around you better." She smiled.

"Aw JJ are you getting soft on me!" I pushed her.

"A little bit." She nodded. "Cause I'm realizing how amazing all my friends are." She unlocked her car. "And I'm thankful for that." She got it.

Christen ran out and got in the car too. "See you later! Stay out of trouble." They drove off.

I got in my car and drove home.

Kelley's POV:

"I'm gonna apologize like a normal person who's only been in the relationship for a few months."

"But?"

"But I'm gonna save this." I said looking at the ring. "It's too early now, but I know what I want for my future. I want her." I said.

Christie smiled. "You are not the same girl that I met last year. You're too mature now to be her."

I laughed. "I had a good mentor. Thanks, cap." 

"I'm the team mom. It's my job."

"Well, team mom." Sam said. "How about inviting your 2 older children over for dinner tonight?" 

Christie rolled her eyes. "Fine. Get in the car."