My Dad

Your POV:

I sat in my living room. 

You gonna watch the game?

I don't know

You should

I'm starting

I locked my phone. Ever since Abby told me to go back home, I've been avoiding Kelley. I need to be at my best this season. I've been working my ass off in practice, and spending extra time in the gym.

Plus graduation was in a few weeks, I'm ready to FINALLY be done with college.

Y/N?

I put my phone on the table. It started ringing. I sighed and grabbed it.

Dad

"Hello?"

"Hi offspring." I laughed. He always called me that.

"Hey."

"Why didn't you tell me you got drafted?"

"I don't know. I got called into camp and then the draft"

"You got called into camp!" He cut me off.

"Yeah." I said. "Did you not watch any games?"

"I've been busy with work." He said. "I've got child support to pay. Plus birthdays coming up. My kids need good presents."

"Just get me new cleats and we'll be good."

"Oh my daughter. Charming as always."

"Just like her father." I said.

"Haha." He said. "I talked to your mother though. Seeing how your brother was doing. She told me you were in Chicago now, playing for the Red Stars. SO I flew out and I'm gonna go to New Jersey and watch you play."

"Really? You have time for your kids again? No side chicks to be with?"

"Y/N. I've messed up. Twice I know. I lost your mother, but I am not going to lose you kids. I know you hate me, and I don't blame you. But please just let me be your father." He said. "I've always been your #1 fan. So even if you hate me, I'm still gonna be at that game wearing my L/N Red Stars jersey SCREAMING for my daughter."

I smiled. "Alright. Alright. Thanks dad."

"Just doing my job. So tell me." He said. "Any girls? Who you crushing on?"

"No one dad."

"Come on! Mom told me you flew to Canada."

"To support my team."

"Uh huh."

"What?"

"Nothing. Just wondering who this Kelley girl is. Isn't she that Stanford player?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. You two dating?"

"No."

"Friends with benefits."

"Oh my god dad!" He laughed. "No. No nothing like that." 

"I'm on Twitter now." He said. "Might go give that O'Hara girl a follow. See what's going on in her world. By the way answer your door, I'm pulling up." He hung up.

"What the hell." I went to the door. 

"Surprise!" 

"Jesus Christ dad."