Back At It

Double update cause it's Halloween and I don't feel like doing homework! 

Your POV:

After beating Colombia for the second time, we all headed off to our NWSL teams. From there, I traveled to Houston with the Red Stars for our season opener.

We got to Houston and got ready for the game. Christen's tried to talking to me, but it's weird.

One minute she's friendly, next she's screaming at me to get back to work.

The fuck?

We were in the hotel the night before the game. I was rooming with Sarah, who went outside for a minute.

There was a knock on the door. It was Christen.

I opened it. "What? Hear to scream at me some more?"

"Can I come in?"

"Depends. Do I have to do any workouts?"

"If you want too." She smiled. "Sorry. I'm kidding. Please?"

I shook my head. "You're an idiot. Come in."

She walked in and stood awkwardly.

"What's up?"

"I want to talk about the break up." She said. "I haven't been completely honest." She took a deep breathe and looked at me. "Don't freak out. At the start of Olympic qualifiers Kelley told me that if I knew what was best for you, I'd dump you. At the time I ignored it cause Kelley was messing with us! With you! She told me that it'd be better for the team, cause we were a distraction."

"Press-"

"I really started to believe that us being together was distracting the team! We had the qualifiers, we needed to be 100% focused and distraction free. So I thought the best thing for the team and both of us was to break up."

"Son of a bitch."

"It was stupid to listen to Kelley."

"Damn right it was! What the hell Press! If you loved me like you said you did, nothing would've made you consider dumping me. Did ANYONE tell you we were distracting them?"

"No."

"So why the hell would you listen to Kelley O'Hara of all people?" She looked down. "I honestly thought you were smarter than that. You told me about the type of person she was. YOU warned me about her but then you go and listen to her."

"It was stupid I know." She said. "But I was hoping you'd give me another chance."

"I'm sorry Christen. I can't." I said. "Right now I think we both need to just be apart from each other. Figure everything out."

"And then?"

"I don't know yet."