People Don't Change

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

CAUTION! Drama ahead.

Also some of y'all are pretty young! I wish I was in kindergarten..... those were the days.

Your POV:

Our time with the national team ended and we all headed off to join our NWSL teams. 

Except for Mal. 

She went to school.

Me, JJ, Alyssa and Christen landed in Chicago. I went my own way to go home, Christen decided to follow.

"You stalking me, captain?"

"Ok stop with the captain shit."

"Really? You almost murdered Danny when she called you Press." I smiled.

"That's Danny. This is you."

I rolled my eyes. "Move on Christen. You dumped me, get that through your head."

"What if I've been thinking that I made the wrong choice." She said

"I'd say the same thing."

"Y/N come on. I know I messed up but I was wrong. I know we weren't a distraction, I regret breaking up with you. Can we just try again?"

"No Christen."

"Just please, give me another chance."

"No."

"It's Kelley isn't it?"

"No."

"You two are a thing now?"

"She's my friend." Christen looked away. "She was there for me after you dumped me. She was there for me when you were treating me like shit. Kelley had my back the whole time." She looked back at me. "If you knew we weren't a distraction, why'd you break up with me?"

"Because I saw the way Kelley was looking at you." She said. "With so much love in her eyes and it pissed me off. Because you were MY girlfriend and she was looking at you the way I DO."

"Chris-"

"When you got called in, you were the rookie. You were someone I wanted to help grow as a player. Then I got to know who you were not only on the field, but off it and honestly? I started to fall for you. So I did what I felt I had to. Protect you from the type of person Kelley is."

"Was. Kelley isn't like that anymore."

"People don't change overnight, Y/N."

"You did."

Ohhhhhh. Shots fired!!!! 

Question? What is your favorite song right now?

Mine is either 24K Magic by Bruno Mars or A-YO by Lady Gaga.

Some good songs right there.