Power of the Olympics

Your POV:

I woke up in the hotel. Day off and practice tomorrow.

Australia won. Germany tied it in the 2nd half. 

"Come on." Whitney mumbled.

"85th minute. We saw last minute heroics from Y/N L/N to send the US through. What does Australia have left."

"Catley sending it in. It falls to Simon, out to Gorry and she'll hit it! GOAL AUSTRALIA!!!" 

Whitney sat back, finally relaxed. "Thank you!" 

"It's little Katrina Gorry who has just scored the biggest goal of her career!"

I got out of bed. My room was empty. No texts on my phone.

No tweets.

Kelley's POV:

"Those Matilda's did not quit." Crystal said.

"Hey isn't that Kevin?"

"Lord help me." I mumbled.

"It is! Hey Kevin!" Sam walked in front of me. "How you doing Kev?"

"Great." 

"Great. Lookin forward to playing you on Friday." She smiled. 

My phone rang. "Oh it's the girlfriend." Crystal said. "What'd you do O'Hara?"

I shook my head. "Hey. What's up?"

"Who's she dating?" 

"Y/N."

"Really? Wow they're really good at hiding it." 

"We aren't that far. Going to get coffee. Yeah we'll wait. Love you too." I hung up. "She was lonely and is coming to meet us. That cool?"

"Fine with me." Crystal said.

"Same here." Mal nodded.

"I get to meet Kevin's girlfriend?" 

"Wow wow Australia." Crystal said. "Who said y'all were invited?"

Caitlin scoffed. "Didn't know we had to be invited to go get coffee? We were just walking and we ran into you guys. So what because you guys are going there we can't?"

"Ok take it down a notch." Mal said.

"The small child is right. We're all going to the same place. And there's no America or Australia. We're just a couple of footballers." 

"I agree with that tall one." Mal said.

"Mackenzie."

"Bless you." 

"She didn't sneeze Mal." I said quietly. "That's her name."

"Oh."

We stood there and waited.

"I'm here." Y/N ran up. "And look who else is here. Man we should just form one big super team. Since we're always together."

"We'd actually kick a lot of ass. Imagine if we did." 

"This is Y/N. Y/N that's Mackenzie, Caitlin, and"

"Sam." Y/N smiled. "You are gonna have to fill me in on this whole Kevin thing."

Sam smirked. "Oh it would be an honor. Walk with me." They walked away.

"You are never living this Kevin thing down."

"Yeah thanks for reminding me Crystal."

"No problem." I sighed and we all walked.

"So like are all Australian's tall and attractive? Cause I've seen the team and yeah."

"Not all of us are tall." Caitlin laughed. "Wait till we play each other and you're up against a certain small Aussie."

Your POV:

We all got our coffee and just talked. 

We knew that in 2 days we'd be on the field trying to basically kill each other.

"At least we'll both get a medal out of this match." I pointed out. "And honestly it's an honor just to be able to say that. I'll have an Olympic medal. If it's gold or silver, I don't care. Cause damn it I'm a fucking Olympian and that's awesome." 

"Exactly." Caitlin said. "Someone gets it! I mean some of these athletes think that being here won't matter if they don't leave with a medal. The Olympics isn't all about medals! It's about being here, together. The best athletes in the world."

"But just so we're clear we're still gonna kick some ass though right?" Mal said.

"You small child. Watch your fucking mouth."

"But you just"

"But you just. Shut up." Kelley said.

I laughed. "Babe. Leave her alone. She's 18 she can swear if she wants."

"Thank you."

"Ok but I'm telling Press and Tobin that their child has a dirty mouth." Kelley said.

"Not mom and dad." Mal pouted.

"Now I'm just confused." 

"I'm been on this team for over a year and I still don't understand half the shit that goes on." I said to them.

"Same." Crystal shook her head. "Why do I hang out with you weirdos."

"Cause you love us."

"That's debatable."

"Cause we have the best goalkeeper in the world, Hope Solo." Kelley sat up. "No offense Mackenzie."

"Not offended." 

It's nice to be around non American athletes for once.

Power of the Olympics.

Another update later today or tomorrow?