Back Off

MY FIRST SEMESTER OF COLLEGE IS DONE!!!! I am officially on break which means I can now dedicate more time to writing for you guys!!! Hopefully I'll start sleeping again.... I need it.

Kelley's POV:

Dawn brought us in for a team meeting and we waited for Jill. 

"What do you think is happening?" Ashlyn asked.

"Who knows." Hope crossed her arms. "Are we all ready to risk our careers for Y/N?"

"I am." I said. "She'd do it for me." I looked at Ash. "She'd do it for you without thinking twice." Then I turned to Christen. "Same with you. She'd risk anything for us. I'd risk anything for her." 

The door opened and Jill walked in. "I know you all said you'd be willing to risk your career for her." She smiled. "I'm risking mine too." Y/N walked in. "Y/N will be suiting up AND playing next game. "Sunil can come to me if he has any problems. That's our meeting." She left.

"Y'all were gonna risk your careers!?" We all nodded. "You're all fucking stupid." 

Ashlyn got up and hugged her. 

"Jill doesn't even know who I am. If I took a stand to back you up she wouldn't notice."

"If I did that, the media would find some way to twist into me being an asshole." Hope sighed.

"I can see the headline." Kling said. "Hope Solo protests national team in defense of teammate. What a jerk!"

Hope smiled.

"Yo I just made Hope smile." Kling said shocked. "I'm dreaming. This isn't real life. I said something and she didn't get pissed at me." 

"We get it." Morgan said.

Your POV:

The next day, everyone had off. Except me. 

Because I missed the last practice, I told Dawn I wanted to come in on our day off and make up the time.

"I love your dedication." Dawn said. "Anyone else wouldn't do this."

"I'm not anyone else. I'm Y/N L/N. I want to be the best and to do that I have to put in the day. Once I bring that gold medal back to the states, I'll think about a day off."

She smiled. "Really?"

"No I'm gonna take a day off. I'm not a robot. I'm 23 years old, let me live Dawn."  

Kelley's POV:

"That girlfriend of yours is something else." Erin said. "Trading a day off to make up for a missed day?"

"She's dedicated." I said.

"To the game. She dedicated to the relationship?"

"Why are you questioning it?"

"You told me that you told her how you really felt. How in love you are with her. What did she respond with?"

I looked down.

"She made sure you were actually going to turn that girl down. Kel. I believe she likes you but I don't think she trusts you or loves you."

"She does love me." I said. 

"You sure about that?"

"Yes because she's said it to me. She's told me she loves me."

"You really think she means it?" Erin said.

"Why are you trying to ruin this! You're my sister, you're supposed to be happy for me!" 

"I am happy for you! But I also have to protect you from getting hurt."

"She won't hurt me."

"Everyone hurts the people they care about at some point. Didn't Christen tell her the same thing and then dumped her? I'm just saying Kel." 

"She could've had Christen back. She's with me instead. I never deserved a 2nd chance because I was a dick to her. But here we are. I'm happy, Erin. Stop trying to ruin this for me. You don't know anything about our relationship ok? So back off."